1. Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

4.6 Rodeo, and 4.6 Windsor Differences

Discussion in 'Mustang Talk' started by juggaloninjalee, May 15, 2008.

Social Buttons
  1. juggaloninjalee

juggaloninjalee New Member

I have been shopping around trying to consider what I want to do with my car. Since it was my first Mustang I am going to keep it and motor swap it. I was looking online and have found salvage yards with the 4.6 liter engines for a little over a thousand dollars. However I know if I bought one of those I would want to rebuild it anyways with forged internals so I could put a Supercharger on it.

Then I began looking for 4.6 liter blocks and came across two versions. One of the Romeo and the other is the Windsor. So my question is... what is the difference and what were each of them used in?

Once I pick out a block what sequence of parts should I look into buying and installing? I have a few friends who can help me but it's 2A.M. and they are in bed. Whoever can help I appreciate it.

EDIT: I am from Michigan and can't believe I kept typing rodeo. I guess that is what happens at 2A.M.
  2. taylor0987

taylor0987 New Member

Romeo

named after the plant in Romeo, Michigan where it was built

not Rodeo

that might help you find more information about the differences.
  3. juggaloninjalee

So Mustangs used both motors but what Mustangs used what? I am assuming the Mach 1 used one motor and the GT used the other. The Cobras used different blocks all together.
  4. juggaloninjalee

This is currently the plan I have. Obviously I need to plan out a lot more but I think this is a good start.

Livernois Romeo 4.6 block = $399.99
    Livernois Rotating Assembly = $2195.00
    Livernois 4.6 L 2v Billet Camshaft L114(459KIT4-2V/4VB) = $499.99
    Patriot Romeo Stage II Heads(1004R) = $1,395.00

With this set-up it will be running a 9:1 compression. So then when I get an SC or Turbo I will be hooked up.