5.0l

voodoo96743

In need of some Blizzaks
Ford wanted to switch over as many models as they could to the modular platform. That way they could meet federal emissions and mpg requirements, while still making power.

CougarStang

I do my own stunts
Pinto Beast said:
It is a sad fact but pushrod motors are a thing of the past, so we had better embrace the new. :)
GM recently admitted to seeing a future in pushrods for their low end capability. That's why they just released the 3800 series III. It's an awesome engine and is just getting better

rick0636

GM is slow to change and stubborn as an old mule, always have been. Didn't make a V8 in Chevy til 1955. Ford came out with its flathead V8 in 1932, had overhead valve V8s long before Chevy, and has always been ahead of general motors in most innovations.

Hancock

rick0636 said:
GM is slow to change and stubborn as an old mule, always have been. Didn't make a V8 in Chevy til 1955. Ford came out with its flathead V8 in 1932, had overhead valve V8s long before Chevy, and has always been ahead of general motors in most innovations.
ford was around before chevy, what do you expect?

i actually like gm better than ford though.

rick0636

Means parts are interchangable between different engines, like you can take a cobra crank and put it in a sohc 2v engine from a GT, etc., or even use a cobra short block and 2V heads if you want. :crazy:

Attachments

CougarStang

I do my own stunts
rick0636 said:
Means parts are interchangable between different engines, like you can take a cobra crank and put it in a sohc 2v engine from a GT, etc., or even use a cobra short block and 2V heads if you want. :crazy:
Yeppp, hence the notion of "modules" If you're familiar with computer programming, the notion of modular programming sort of falls parallel to modular engines

mszmustang13

modular aftermarket is growing very strong to. Pushrods are engines of the past.

And yea Ford has been around longer than General Motors. 1903, Ford's saga began. Hence my car, the 100th aniversery....

bricksmustang

rick0636 said:

if you can use a cobra block and 2v heads, then you should be able to use a gt block and 4v heads. you never hear anyone doing this you'ld think it would be a powerful upgrade.

cb-4v heads
cb-2v heads
gt-2v heads
gt-4v heads they should all bolt right up

so if thats true then why don't people do that.