Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

93 bama race tune question

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Tyguy, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Tyguy

Tyguy New Member

I just received my bama tuner and downloaded the 93 race tune. This tune has extremely slow take off from 0-20 than takes off like a rocket. Anyone else experience this slow take off with a bama 93 race tune. The street and performance tunes have perfect take off.

Car has roush cai, roush axel backs, 2.73 gears (putting in 3.73 in a week).

2. Markstang

Markstang Polishing my banhammer Staff Member

I remember talking with another guy on here about their bama tune and how he got a street tune which was optimized for low to mid rpm power and performance and a race tune that was optimized for upper rpm only. I pointed out to him that with the TiVCT that shouldn't even happen, they can optimize for full power throughout the rpm range. So they gave him some crap called like a hybrid tune that made power like it's supposed to, throughout the whole rpm range. It may be a case of Bama being lazy.

Tyguy likes this.
  3. Tyguy

Tyguy New Member

Ok I guess I'll have to call back and have them send me a new tune. Thanks for the info

4. 13v6

13v6 Member

That's interesting. The 93 race tune didn't do that for me. It took off quite nicely. My favorite tune when I can get 93 gas. What you described sounds more like a performance tune. They're made to take off at 3000 RPMs. You'll want a new tune with her new gears anyway so call them up and discuss it with them.

5. 1967

1967 New Member

I know not about the Hybrid tune but I have been using Bama tunes for 2.5 years with v6 automatic on my 2013 v6, Deep Impact blue, I only have 92 gas available and I had a dyno run at Marysville Speed and Tune in Marysville Wa with a 91V2 Race Tune, the numbers were at 261.8 HP and Torque almost identical, in 4th gear of the automatic which is approx 1 to 1 ratio. Many people Dyno in gears different than 1 to 1 which is controversal. Car has a K&N 69 Air with a 91 Race tune. I always run the V2 Race tune for it runs and shifts wonderful. The tuner said the power was great with an impressive flat, near perfect air/fuel mixture, and he would not change a thing, if he doing a custom Dyno Tune. Best ET at Pacific Raceway in Kent wa was 13.72 Et, street tires, 355 gears, auto, 91 tune, wished for a better ET but each track is different, a little better if 93 octane I presume.