94-95 GT Mustang Rearend

KirkComer

1999 3.8L 5 Speed
Local friend has a 94-95 GT Convertible Mustang with the 5.0 v8 motor and is parting it out. Says rear end was fine when he parked car a year ago. Would this rear end have the traction lock and would it fit in my 1999 mustang v6 3.8? Whats it worth? I know he will sell it to me really cheap... just want to make sure its worth my time to get it and my effort to install it.

Phil II

Cone Destroyer
It should have the limited slip differential. You can check it. Just spin one axle, the other should follow if it is a posi. Otherwise open diffs counter rotate. Excellent opportunity to count turns. Probably 3.27.

mgredding04

Local friend has a 94-95 GT Convertible Mustang with the 5.0 v8 motor and is parting it out. Says rear end was fine when he parked car a year ago. Would this rear end have the traction lock and would it fit in my 1999 mustang v6 3.8? Whats it worth? I know he will sell it to me really cheap... just want to make sure its worth my time to get it and my effort to install it.
not sure if you got your answers yet but i believe you cant move to the gt rear end if your the 6.. i believe our 6 is 7.5 so check and see if that rear end is 8.5 and not 8.8 i actually bought 4.10 gears for my 99 3.8l but its 8.8 not 7.5 so yhe housing is too smll

KirkComer

1999 3.8L 5 Speed
I didn't get the rearend. When I went to look at the rearend the wheels were gone, the cover was off and the exposed gears were sunk in the mud.lol I'm not going to spend much on this car but if I happen to come across a good GT rearend for free or $50 or so I'll probably grab it and put it in... if not it's no worries on my end.