95 3.8 fuel inject convert to carb?

alanmyka95

Hey all, i have a few questions about my 95 3.8lt mustang. Its got all the computer stuff etc on it and I won't to get rid of that and swap the fuel inject back to carb. I like carb because you can tone better in my opinion. So the question with that is, what is the easiest way if possible? Not sure if this new of an engine can just take a manifold swap etc. Any info helps.

6 Shooter

Contact Tom at Super 6 to see if an upper intake is available and can be modified to accept a carb. Then, you will have lots of problems with CELs which have to be turned off in the software.

fasterthanyou

Many years ago I talked to morana about the pre-1993 3.8l carbed lower intakes on 93-98 single ports. He said they are a direct bolt on.

Best option for your goal is to get an 85-88 carbed intake and distributor from an 80s 3.8

alanmyka95

Many years ago I talked to morana about the pre-1993 3.8l carbed lower intakes on 93-98 single ports. He said they are a direct bolt on.

Best option for your goal is to get an 85-88 carbed intake and distributor from an 80s 3.8
And that will bolt right up? Any ale good year thats better then another?

fasterthanyou

I'm going off of his word, I haven't verified it myself because I ended up just tuning via the ECU.

But he said all single port head ports are in the same location.
The supercoupe single port heads had 2 extra intake manifold bolts but N/A intake manifolds can still be bolted onto them. I have experience with that.

fasterthanyou

The 2 extra bolts are in the rear due to the supercoupe lower intake having the additional load of the supercharger on it.

fasterthanyou

Unless you're doing a carbed 5.0l swap, that wont work.

There are no aftermarket/performance ford 3.8l carbed Intake manifolds out there unless it's something someone made themselves.

alanmyka95

Unless you're doing a carbed 5.0l swap, that wont work.

There are no aftermarket/performance ford 3.8l carbed Intake manifolds out there unless it's something someone made themselves.
Thought about doing the 5.0 swap, means tranny, rear end etc... almost easier to buy the 5.0 and keep both cars lol

fasterthanyou

The 5.0 actually lines right up with the factory 3.8 trans.
But speaking of transmissions, do you have a manual or automatic?

If you have an automatic you will need to swap it with an AOD or C4 trans because the aode is computer controlled and going carbed/distributor will play nicely with that.

If you have a manual then nvm it'll be fine.

I cant find any carbed 3.8 Intake manifolds for sale online. They're hard to come by. Unless you get lucky at a junk yard you just have to keep checking Ebay and other similar pages for one.