Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

99 Cobra Gauge Cluster (PLEASE READ)

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Derfdog15, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Derfdog15

Derfdog15 Active Member

Hello,

I have a gauge cluster from a 99 cobra for sale with ~100xxx miles. I bought it last summer intending to put in into my 2003 V6 mustang, and bought a 99 because I liked the bluish backlit gauges.

When I tried to install it, it caused my battery to die, because it shorted my defrost switch circuit (the 99 was set up for a defrost switch next to the cluster, rather than the 01-04 double din under the radio setup. After looking at the work involved to make the 99 internals work, I opted to buy an 01 cluster and switch the face plate.

This means that this cluster is set up for a 99 (defrost switch wiring, etc.) HOWEVER IT HAS AN 01 FACEPLATE(the numbers light up greenish)

If you are simply using it to replace a broken/malfunctioning 99 cluster, you can easily swap the faces. If you are using it in a cluster swap keep this in mind. The letters ARE NOT blue, but more of a green, as it has an 01 face with the green film. Other than that it is complete working order. I payed almost $200 for each of the two clusters and since I have modified this one I would like to as $150 OBO + shipping.

PM me, or text me at 772 three-two-three 3969 if interested. I can get pictures as well, (I don't have any currently since the part is at home in FL and I am at work in IN)

This would be perfect to swap in to a V6!

2. davidcseifert

davidcseifert that V6 guy

Just pull the defrost fuse and use it, that's what I did

3. Derfdog15

Derfdog15 Active Member

ttt, still have this

4. Derfdog15

Derfdog15 Active Member

ttt, cluster is collecting dust. make me an offer