Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

99 V6 fuel pump

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Mark Carter, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Mark Carter

Mark Carter New Member

I have a 1999 3.8 V6 Mustang and the fuel pump was about eight years old and I was getting only 30 lbs at the fuel rail. So I bought a new pump and installed it and it still says 30 lbs the same as the old one. The car starts to stall when Idling and under load it hesitates and then bursts and starts going fast all at once. I know there are a lot of modules and sensors involved in the electrical circuit and they are all 18 years old and so is the wiring.

2. ronmarc

ronmarc New Member

Change the filter

3. Mark Carter

Mark Carter New Member

No I changed the filter when I changed the pump

4. Mark Carter

Mark Carter New Member

I took out the new pump to check everything . No pinched hoses and the strainer was clean. The code says fuel pump driver module OFF LINE so I went to the auto supply and put on a new Module but it didn't help so I took it back, The Code also says both banks lean of course.

5. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

Are you checking duel pressure with a mechanical gauge or by the data stream of the scanner?

Make sure that you check fuel pressure with a mechanical gauge as well as the scanner and see if they match if they don't then it's either a bad fuel pressure gauge or a bad fuel rail pressure sensor.

6. Mark Carter

Mark Carter New Member

I checked the pressure at the pump with a Mechanical Gauge and at the rail and they both say 30 lbs. Maybe the Airtex pumps only put out 30 lbs. maybe I should have bought a Motorcraft pump

7. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

30 psi at the rails is not too bad and equals almost 40 pressure across injectors desired for in the tune.