Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A section for street kills

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by whitev6, Nov 4, 2012.

1. whitev6

whitev6 New Member

I don't wanna be the stero typical 17 year old but I feel the fourm needs a street racing section so we dont get it confused with the normal racing section. Just a thought tho ;)

2. Lt's-BAV6

Lt's-BAV6 New Member

Most recent kill, 2001 honda prelude turbocharged. Left in the dust with my 2009 v6

3. whitev6

whitev6 New Member

Nice man! Did he not know how drive? because I lost to a hatch a month or so a go by a bumper I had him till 100 but I dont know what he had done to it I recently saw his car at a local speed shop so I am guessing he had some major work done. Thats back when I wask stock I recently beat a 89 e30 325i it shocked me how quick it actually was!

4. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

Kill section typically doesnt do to well on v6 forums, self explanitory.

5. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

I personally don't see anything wrong with it. SVTPerformance has way faster cars with it's own section and videos. I do believe in being in a section where nobody else can get hurt and not in traffic.

6. TaylorGT

TaylorGT What the deuce?

Such a touchy subject. Theres the random toying around on the highway when you randomly pass another sports car. It happens and we all do it.

But this whole talking ****, setting up a race, who beat who crap is what I can't stand about street racing. Its nothing but hearsay until you both pony up the cash to go to the strip and run 'em under the clock.

7. davidcseifert

davidcseifert that V6 guy

LOL i got a good one

back after the car just had the motor work done, was sitting in drive-through at taco bell with this ugly ass civic in front of me typical punk kid driver had a couple others in the car and a hot girl in the back, guess she was the drivers girl i "flirted" a little with her he got all pissy and waited out in front for me to pull by, i waved at him and smiled just to make it worse.. got on the highway here Mr. Ricer comes with 4 people in his car doing his fly by caught back up a couple seconds later and we slowed down, let him hit then I just left his ass, i could not stop laughing... i slowed back down waved and blew her a kiss and took my exit :) it was a great night..

8. Whtstang04_V6Online

Whtstang04_V6Online Member

There is that whole Illegal aspect as well :coolface:

9. davidg1212

davidg1212 New Member

I think anytime a kill section is mentioned its just a bad idea because 99.9% of the time people will be blowing smoke. Such as "My v6 mustang with intake killed that corvette"

10. JpL4K3

JpL4K3 Moderator

You guys are all old enough to make your own decisions in life. You can post your stories under the racing section. Be smart. Use your head out there.

11. davidcseifert

^^^^ i like this guy lol

12. V6procharged

V6procharged Moderator Staff Member

agreed.

13. slonison

slonison Active Member

This... Street racing is almost always done by young kids who can't afford to go to the track where a "real" race begins. I don't think a roll is ever a fair race simply because there are too many variables to control. Not to mention the person doing the counting has the clear advantage....

Not to mention, you're being a total dick by racing on public roads. Whatever the opposite of no offense is (All Offense should be taken?), anytime you race on the road, anything could happen. Potholes, Dips, imperfections in the street, not to mention *ahem* traffic, and even worse pedestrians.

Put the money out at the track or shut the hell up. If you can't afford the traffic, then you haven't earned the right to be racing.

14. davidcseifert

LOl the street races I go to are just as well setup as the tracks (which are over 2 hours away, whereas the local "street" place about 30 mins) as to the road conditions well know your roads it's easy, if they're are people walking along the highway... Loud noises and bright lights they'd get ran over for suicide about it...

Sorry if I get offense to the subject but not everyone that street races is a fast and furious wannabe haha

15. slonison

slonison Active Member

I think it's just difficult to imagine up here. There is no empty roads and empty space in the tri-state area.

16. whitev6

whitev6 New Member

The only reason I go to the street is because the closest strip is a hour away and when you live with a bunch of rednecks that think their suv's are fast you have to shut em up lol, but yea I agree if you do it be smart about it and for the street racing being people that cant afford building a car for "racing" you havent seen or met some of the people that street race in central florida... and hell even the people that race in the tx 2k stuff im pretty sure those supras and gallardos have over 6 figures in em. I think when people think street racing people automatically think fast and furious and a bunch of douche bags hahaha but most of the time its not.

17. Bluethrobber

Bluethrobber New Member

A couple of my kills- 2010 challenger r/t, 2003 dodge ram 100shot, 2007 rx8 dig & roll, 2001 mustang gt, 2012 v6 camaro, 2008 v6 mustang boltons,

18. whitev6

whitev6 New Member

Thats a pretty nice kill list, did all those people know how to drive?

19. Macunicorn

Macunicorn Active Member

Racing is great on a track not street.

20. Ironhandx

Ironhandx New Member

I sort of like this idea. I get a lot of idiot kids in ricers trying to pull on me at lights... 90% in FWD cars, half of those with giant rear spoilers. A lot of them have this turbo kit on them an engine shop around here is selling. Raping them purely because they think an older V6 Mustang is worse than their piece of **** is funny. Its happened more times than I care to admit, because I don't care to admit I'm from the same place as these fools >_<

I'm essentially beating some of them on pure RWD is better for launches, and maybe some driving ability. One of them followed me to a gas station and bitched at me that I must have a turbo or something serious or the wrong trim on my Mustang. Popped the hood for him, told him he was an idiot, and left. He had a spoiler, and a turbo kit. I laughed all the way home. All thats actually done to the car at the moment is good maintenance and a cold air intake + exhaust. I'm making maybe 205-215 HP with the combo over the 193 stock but no more than that.

The racing section will suffice though. Most of this **** isn't worth voicing. That one was funny though.