Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

A section for street kills

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by whitev6, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Kite Flyer

Kite Flyer New Member

I have seen lots of full-ricers kids really confused as to why they are doing so poorly at the local auto-x compared to even stock Civics. Let's see, that stereo added a bunch of weight, as did that fiberglass kit and huge wing. Then they are running 17--19" inch rims with stock brakes, they have slammed their car because they think the lower it is, the better it handles and bolt on parts that if they do anything, are making the power at the top of the rpm range. So thousands spent and if they are lucky it will lap in the same times as the dead stock version of the car they are driving. But on the plus side, at least a lot of these kids are working on their own cars which is a rarity these days.

2. Ironhandx

Ironhandx New Member

Thats true. I try not to discourage them. I'll usually offer advice.

For instance: Giant Rear Spoiler on a Mustang can be a good thing, but its pretty much never a good thing on a FWD car unless you're somehow managing to generate and utilize more than 400 hp/tq. Then you'll want something to help keep the rear end from feathering off the track.

I blame the fast and the furious. I really wish they had used ANYTHING but a FWD car for that chase scene >_<. They even mention in the movie that they've been converted to RWD but they should have just used something that was RWD to start.