Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

abs light on and no traction control!

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 93pony, Oct 18, 2007.

1. 93pony

93pony Active Member

like the title says. its been like this for a while and i've searched everywhere with no luck. when i first got the car i was a lil hard on the rear wheels :D (if u know what i mean) tryin to show off to a bunch of ricers one night. well i left an awesome smoke show for them :D , but on my way home i noticed my abs light was on and that the t-lock button didnt work. i unhooked the battery overnight thinking it would clear it but no luck. did i mess somthing up or did one or all of my sensors go bad? like i said its been like this for a while (since like march of this year) but winters comming and i would like to be able to stop without hitten stuff.

2. klotzstang

klotzstang Well-Known Member

3. Marc@UPR

[email protected] Four-Six Mafia

The same thing just happend to me. It was my ABS sensor that was damaged. Got a new one for 60$ from ford. Takes 20 minutes to change. Check under your car around the inside of your rear wheels. Look at the wires and check for damage.

4. 93pony

93pony Active Member

ok thanks ill check the sensors, fuses are the 1st thing i checked. i know its either a sensor or the module itself i just wanted a second opinion before i start changing out parts. the scanner i have only reads engine codes, so it does me no good for this problem. i'll update with my results

5. StangMod

StangMod Steven @ VAP Auto

i had the same thing happen to me when i had my 4.10 gears installed. the shop apparently bumped one of the wheel speed sensors on the axle. they had a scanner that told them which sensor it was.

if your scanner doesn't give you that information i would take it to Ford or somewhere where they have one of those professional scanners.

6. goldstang2k

goldstang2k Made in Canada

good riddance to abs.. i made sure my car didnt have it.. lol

7. 93pony

93pony Active Member

well i finally got around to swaping out the sensors. didn't do anything. so im assuming the modual is done. anyone have one they wanna get rid of?

8. ROUSHME661

ROUSHME661 New Member

ive been having the same problem ..i took mine to go get checked by a friend but when he put the machine on for some reason it said it couldnt read the abs light ..im not too sure what it might be

9. tommy2273boy

tommy2273boy Wings Fan

When I had my 3.73 put in, I knocked out the sensors/pegs...the nickle sized magnets to drop the rearend and the cooper wires are all exposed, how much or hard is it to replace those. Im pretty sure they're FUBAR

10. 93pony

93pony Active Member

you do realize this thread is over a year old. i fixed this long ago. it was the module itself
    please close thread

11. tommy2273boy

tommy2273boy Wings Fan

well, its not all about you, I need some help.