Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AC Bracket Removal.

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by HumanSVD, Apr 8, 2019.

1. HumanSVD

HumanSVD New Member

Tried replacing a bad belt tensioner and snapped the bolt holding it to the bracket in half. I tried drilling it to extract it but the angle is really tough. There a way to remove it without undoing the ac compressor? It seems to be held on by only 4 bolts.

Removing it would make it easier to remove the bolt. I don't want to risk breaking the threads. Worst case scenario I just buy a new bracket since there's plenty.

2. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

You can unbolt the ac compressor without discharging the lines. The lines are flexible to where you can easily lay the compressor off to the side while you remove the ac bracket.

HumanSVD likes this.
  3. HumanSVD

HumanSVD New Member

Thanks good to know. Hopefully I won't have to replace the whole thing.

4. HumanSVD

HumanSVD New Member

Well, that bolt won't come out. Not willing to waste anymore time, so I went to a junk yard and just got a new bracket. Cost me 11.45. Put it all back together and it works now.