Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Adding factory fog lights 14

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Sparky9445, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Sparky9445

Sparky9445 New Member

I'm new to the forum & apologize if the subject has already been discussed. I've added the auto headlight switch & am wondering if now the factory fog lights are a "plug & play" install or if additional parts are needed. Thanx

2. Derfdog15

Derfdog15 Active Member

if you have all of the wiring in the car then I would assume so, if not then I would assume you need to do some wiring. Sorry if these seems like a dumb answer, I do not know much regarding your model year.

3. Sparky9445

Sparky9445 New Member

Thanks Derfdog15! I need a free weekend to check it out. Just wondering if anyone has done this yet.

4. Derfdog15

Derfdog15 Active Member

Have you tried searching to see what the wiring harness in stock trim contains? And possibly calling/contacting Ford or your local service department to confirm whether or not that portion of the harness exists? If you do not have fog lights at all then I imagine you will have the harness to a point and then need to fabricate or buy the additional connection/harness portion, and implement the relays and such so that it is controlled properly in relation to high beam operation as well as powered properly.

5. Sparky9445

Sparky9445 New Member

Thanks Derfdog15! After some internet research and talking to a couple of Techs it seems the Starkey kit is the most reliable option. A little pricy but prolly best option.

6. Derfdog15

Derfdog15 Active Member

Sounds good man, good luck with it! I loved the addition of my foglights when I did the terminator front bumper swap!