Ads

billegoat

I used to enjoy looking threw and reading posts on this site.....looks like some sort of bot has taken it over....

Sam36

Even worse... the mods, admins, owner, etc haven't even been online in months. Hoping that doesn't mean this place will be shut down. I've tried in the past to find a decent v6 mustang board. Seems this is/was the only one. Guess I could always start my own...

David Young

5th Mustang
I thought with all the Russian post, my computer was messing up. I'm happy others are seeing what's going on. I guess we don't have Moderators taking care of the Forum :(

David Young

5th Mustang
I sent a message to "contact us" to tell them what is going on. Maybe everyone should send them a message...…….

Sam36

I sent a message to "contact us" to tell them what is going on. Maybe everyone should send them a message...…….
I did the same months ago, only asking that I be given some mod perms to be able to delete spam messages but never heard back.

MyLittlePony

V6 VIN V8 Power
I really hate how forums in general have gone to ****. Is it stupid Facebook that’s sucking the life out of the internet? There was once a time when there were dozen of the mustang forums that I frequented. They were EXTREMELY active. Now all have either died, been bought up/merged, and/or vanished.

It’s sad that we now have to deal with Russian spam bots (I reported one single post before finding this thread). With bots pushing real threads down, no one will reply. Meaning what little activity this site has will be gone.

I understand that times change. Mods could have sold their cars, lost interest, started a family, or other hobby, which is why they really need to pass the torch along to someone that wants to moderate. I would trust some random first year low poster with mod powers if it meant taking care of spam bots.

David Young

5th Mustang
I read everyone has also gone to REDDIT and Facebook too. I don't do Facebook (my wife does that) but I'm on REDDIT. It's a bunch of ****. All anyone post there is how beautiful their Mustang is, with a picture. With comments of, I agree and **** like that. I mostly read the jokes and don't even read anything about Mustangs. I'm a Member of 10 Mustang Forums. 10 years ago they would be 40-60 people on everyone of them in the morning as I read each of them for my morning action :(. Now, sometimes I'm the only one on the Forums in the morning. Sometimes 4 or 5 people will be on when I'm on them :(.

Sam36

I really hate how forums in general have gone to ****. Is it stupid Facebook that’s sucking the life out of the internet? There was once a time when there were dozen of the mustang forums that I frequented. They were EXTREMELY active. Now all have either died, been bought up/merged, and/or vanished.
Yes it is disappointing. Not really sure what is going on. I've debated on setting up my own site with forums, I've got the know-how and server space, but not so much the time. But I am also not sure if it would even attract any one. I know of 5 or so other mustang specific sites that have forums as well, some are pretty active but any sections specific to the V6 mustangs are normally dead or at least very low volume. 3.8mustang.com used to be the best, but then was merged with v6mustang.com and now apparently abandoned :tard:

I read everyone has also gone to REDDIT and Facebook too. I don't do Facebook (my wife does that) but I'm on REDDIT. It's a bunch of ****. All anyone post there is how beautiful their Mustang is, with a picture.
Yep, I joined a bunch of mustang groups on facebook but the platform is just not set up as a good forum replacement. Most people just post pictures of their cars and any posts looking for engine or diagnostic help (the stuff I enjoy helping/reading) is quickly buried.

08'MustangDude

Profile Violation
Yep, I joined a bunch of mustang groups on facebook but the platform is just not set up as a good forum replacement. Most people just post pictures of their cars and any posts looking for engine or diagnostic help (the stuff I enjoy helping/reading) is quickly buried.
Or dump all over people because they don't like what you did to your car,
or they have a V8 and you don't. Those groups suck worse...

David Young

5th Mustang
And can you believe, as I scroll to the top of the page of this Thread there is an ad written in Japanese or Chinese. Sad to see :(

JunkyardJerry

Sadly it does look like this forum has been abandoned, and I just bought a V6 Mustang. I cannot find information on it anywhere else. Everything else id GT only. I did get one question answered on, of all places, the Crown Vic forum (I also have a Crown Vic) turns out a member there is a Ford parts guy.

MyLittlePony

V6 VIN V8 Power
Way back in the day, I used to frequent dfwstangs.net. It was so busy the place operated like a chat room! You were lucky if a thread you started remained on the same page within the first 5 minutes! Many would just reply “TTT” (to the top) to keep it on the same page or two just so people would see it in time. To keep the site active, it grew less and less about mustangs, since people quickly sold/wrecked theirs. Now, it’s only mustang related in name only, and I would be surprised if anyone who still visits even lives in DFW. As active as that site was, it too has become fairly inactive, with maybe a non automotive related thread/reply a month.

Maybe people are afraid to necropost, or instead of starting a new thread, are actually using the search feature? Were we wrong in taunting those violators? I can’t imagine your average Facebook/reddit user being so kind. But even the various mustang related subreddits seem to be not very active either!

My mustang, which I’ve had for as long as my email address, 21 years, is still a V6 according to its VIN. I will wonder just about anywhere, but it’s depressing that the closest thing to a mustang forum of yesteryear are catch all forums that cater to mustangs of all 55+ years of various engines and trim levels. Even they aren’t as active. With an SN95, I feel a little like a Mustang II owner wondering in those dark places!

Speaking of Mustang II owners, where will those future Mach E owners go to be mocked? One of the sad reasons I feel for the nameplate use is because mustangs in general simply aren’t as popular as they once were. Sure, they’re everyone’s favorite crowd surfing joke, but production numbers show that they sell about half as many a year, as compared to SN95s. And that’s global sales! Something they didn’t really do in the 90s and aughts. Could we just be simply old codgers and lack of new mustang enthusiasts to replace us? Sure, younger folk are still buying 25-15yo mustangs, but there just aren’t as many ones out there like there used to be. With additional federally mandated technologies, newer used mustangs may be too expensive for this group. It’s easy for me to add heated seats, Bluetooth car play navigation and reverse camera to a 94 mustang, but imagine if I HAD to buy such a car with all of that already included? And don’t get me started on side airbags.

SloNoob95

New guy here. Not new to forums, but new to this site. I was also disappointed in the spambot posts, but there's a way to get around seeing them that will hopefully fix the issue for you. You can simply click that user's name (I forget the names now, but there were two on the first page) then select the "ignore" option. Refresh your page and their posts will no longer show for you. Hope this helps you guys out!

Banditt76

New guy here. Not new to forums, but new to this site. I was also disappointed in the spambot posts, but there's a way to get around seeing them that will hopefully fix the issue for you. You can simply click that user's name (I forget the names now, but there were two on the first page) then select the "ignore" option. Refresh your page and their posts will no longer show for you. Hope this helps you guys out!
Unfortunately that doesn’t do anything for those of us that use Tapatalk such as myself.

MyLittlePony

V6 VIN V8 Power
there's a way to get around seeing them that will hopefully fix the issue for you. You can simply click that user's name (I forget the names now, but there were two on the first page) then select the "ignore" option. Refresh your page and their posts will no longer show for you. Hope this helps you guys out!
I forgot that was an option.

But after the refresh I noticed that (at least in mobile, you’ll have multiple pages of threads, only with 0-3 threads in each one. Like pages 2 and 3 lack any content because it’s still considering those ignored threads as part of the thread count.

08'MustangDude

Profile Violation
Ignore all you want, they'll just use a different User name.

There's no good reason this is going on, there should be moderators
and Admins to take care of it. That lack only shows me, that the person
who formed this forum doesn't give a schit.