Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Aftermarket Steering Wheels

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Appearance & Entertainment' started by riceeater2001, Mar 20, 2005.

1. riceeater2001

riceeater2001 "The Wife"

Anyone here have an aftermarket steering wheel? (pics please) Still struggling with myself about getting rid of my airbags though since a bunch of people in Lawton(where I live) drive like they're at a demo derby. :wtf:
    Just curious how different wheels look and how they "flow" with the stang interior. Thanks :)

-Lisa

2. CODY2003

CODY2003 Ya, I'm still here. ;)

I would just keep your air bag. It's just safer, and most insurance companies really don't like it. In fact if you were to get into even a small fender bender they might not pay for the damage and even cancel your service. I don't like the stock wheel either, but I like my hail insurance. :eek:

3. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose ಠ_à²

i wouldnt give up the safety of airbags for something as trivial as a steering wheel. the only reason i see for getting a new wheel is if it has like, the volume buttons on it or something.

4. riceeater2001

riceeater2001 "The Wife"

I don't dislike my steering wheel, just doing an interior swap and having trouble finding a black wheel that won't cost a fortune so I was considering an aftermarket one. I've decided to keep mine for now even though it's going to stand out being tan against the black interior but oh well. Thanks for all your input. As far as volume buttons on the steering wheel, you can mod your cruise to do that but you lose your cruise. Besides though, my stereo came with a remote so thats a non issue for me. Again, thanks for the input, I'll stick with my stock one until I find a black one that isn't outrageously overpriced.

-Lisa

5. CODY2003

CODY2003 Ya, I'm still here. ;)

You should try looking in savage yards. I'm looking for a leather wrapped one myself. if you get a "you pull it" yard, you can normally get your stuff really cheap. I got three rims for my last car for $25 and a bed linner for my dads truck for $20. :thumbup:

6. riceeater2001

riceeater2001 "The Wife"

Thanks, I've been to some of the yards around here like to find caliper bolts that ford wants a @$$ load for but the owners of the salvage places act like they'd rather keep all the cars/parts to decorate their property. And I think I make them a little nervous being a female looking for car stuff :p I'll give them another try though I spose.

-Lisa

7. bagged00stang

bagged00stang PMPJUICE

8. blackstang04

blackstang04 New Member

You could always get the FR500 or Cobra wheel or whatever the name is. It kee[s your airbag, is smaller than stock, has cool grips, and is black. Kinda pricey though.

9. riceeater2001

riceeater2001 "The Wife"

Sounds pretty cool... do you have a picture of one by chance?

-Lisa

10. DerangedGoose

DerangedGoose ಠ_à²

wow i would gladly give up my cruise control for a volume control. how do you do that?

11. riceeater2001

riceeater2001 "The Wife"

It was a tech article on mustangworld.com. Here ya go: http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/ctips.htm

-Lisa

12. blackstang04

blackstang04 New Member

http://mustangtuning.com/fr.html :thumbup:
    I think it says cobra in the middle though, so you might want to find the black center peice to change it, or use your old one and dye it or something. Unless of course you have a black interior, which would be perfect.

13. riceeater2001

riceeater2001 "The Wife"

Thanks! I'm working on the black interior slowly but it's coming together.... I'm prepared to dye some part such as the airbags cuz there's no way I'm giving someone like $600 for new ones just to save myself the dye-ing process. Thanks for the info :)