Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Aftermarket stereo concerns

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Appearance & Entertainment' started by JRicky, Jan 11, 2008.

1. JRicky

JRicky New Member

haha yeah, I hate the rattle, thats a ricer kinda thing lol

2. Drummer_192

Drummer_192 New Member

Im still having my amp and sub problems, i installed a JBL CS-300.1 amp in my car and all the lights come on, all the wires are good, i think, but all i hear from my sub is a very very faint sound and very very light virbration. When I unplug one wire and touch it back to the coil it is lound for a split second then it goes back to the very very faint noise. I dont know if my sub is bad, or speaker wires, or remote wire or what. I checked my ground its still good. im pretty sure my RCA cables are good. I dont know what my problem is. Any ideas at all?

3. Drummer_192

Drummer_192 New Member

ok so the amp lights are on solid, but the sub wont hit, and when it does hit it only hits one and then teh lights the dim and it doesnt hit again for another couple of seconds. I replaced teh ground, speaker wire and remote and it still does the same. Im starting to think it might be my head unit? or sub? any ideas?

4. lazerred232

lazerred232 New Member

you might have blown ur amp...

5. JRicky

JRicky New Member

yeah, I think the amp is the issue...if its possible borrow an amp out of a friend's car and hook it up, and see what happens

6. Drummer_192

Drummer_192 New Member

I did that and his did the same thing, so i went threw every connection one more time and it turns out that i had a bad power connection even though i took it off and everything before. So i dont know, but it works fine and hits great now. :?

7. manny

manny Member

Can someone help me? I tried installing an aftermarket stereo in my 2000 mustang coupe with Mach audio. At the end I got the horrible popping sound. How do I avoid that?

ddizzy81 likes this.
  8. blackvertSN-95

blackvertSN-95 New Member

that means your amp is too small to cover what your sub pulls in so it is overheating so the fix is a bigger amp