air cuts out before wot , is there a solinoid that could be bad

drickels

I know the AC is suppose to cut out when the engine is given a wide open throttle , but it seems mine cuts out at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle ,just wondering if there is a vacuum control valve that could be causing the problem.

I took the car for a drive today its 100 degrees and the air was good and cold as it should be , but when given 1/2 throttle on an on ramp, the air shifted to the defrost vent and then back to the dash when I let up on the gas. Possible vacuum leak , I have looked at all the hoses but they all appear to be like new and tight. Any thoughts???

Last edited:

Phil II

Cone Destroyer
The threshold for the pcm to transition to WOT is before the pedal actually at WOT. Some anticipation is needed for a smooth transition.

drickels

I know the AC is suppose to cut out when the engine is given a wide open throttle , but it seems mine cuts out at about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle ,just wondering if there is a vacuum control valve that could be causing the problem.

I took the car for a drive today its 100 degrees and the air was good and cold as it should be , but when given 1/2 throttle on an on ramp, the air shifted to the defrost vent and then back to the dash when I let up on the gas. Possible vacuum leak , I have looked at all the hoses but they all appear to be like new and tight. Any thoughts???

drickels

Found the problem, under the dash behind the glove box is a vacuum canister, the screw holding it came loose causing it to twist pulling the vacuum line off. The vacuum connection was very loose so I added a short piece of tubing to replace the loose connector. Also there is a check valve before this canister that was sticking so I blew through it a couple of times and it came loose and started working . Took it for a drive and the Ac stayed on through the vents as it should.. I think I got it.. cross fingers