Alast! My time has come! Engine swaparooski.

Color combos

• Total voters

Spdricer

Woo hoo i made it to the build section! I feel accomplished and i havent even turned a wrench im happy to be here and maybe some day get on ur guyz level wow man some real technical genius stuff going on up in here u guys shoulda been astronauts or something u guys are ridiculous. I love it

I bought another mustang my frame was bent and this new to me mustang is super clean white which i think looks good on this car with black accents but mine has a tan rag so ima go with a copper wheel look should be very interesting stay tuned.. anyway the motor is studdering under heavy load and kinda misses at idle... im thinking maybe coil pack or fuel filter anyway its an automatic and it has 120k babied miles my engine has 220k ragged on 6 grand power shifted miles lol ..and alot of neutral revving haha and still never a problem really gotta love ford engineering on these cars man wow i love it and it looks like a damn nascar or something to me i love the lines on the new edge!...

So this weekend swap engines with transmission to other car

2000 3.8 v6 manual (stock t5) into a 2002 3.8 v6 automatic chassis and vice versa

This way i can do the wire tuck put battery in the trunk ...paint a bunch of stuff white to match the rest of the chassis basically getting ready for the single drivers side turbo set up in mind thats comming right after i insure the motor swaps are working properly

The real reason y i decided to go with the swap and not hunt down the source of the lugging or jumping like hesitations every couple seconds only wen i step on the gas hard but also kinda sputters at idle dosent really feel like a vacuum leak... more like a fuel or really even more like one cylinder isnt fireing or i donno a coil maybe probably...

So the real reason y i didnt just fix that and turbo wat its got is because this engine has 105 thousand miles its practically mint my engine has 220 thousand its an old dog that seen better days so i wont feel so bad if i make a mistake and blow the engine the first time around building my first turbo car ..and then hopefully the second engine should go much smoother...

Need to do swap in one weekend my daily is in the shop so no ride however this always uber but thats the goal

For the actual swap i want to pull the manual first leave it on the grass then pull and install the auto in the bent frame chassis first. to get the hang of the install before i install the manual engine in my wat looks like brand new all white engine bay to try to iron out any mistakes with the junk chassis..

Never did anything this major need ur help please anything is appreciated...

Spdricer

Quick pic i snapped this morning leaving for work
5 am..

Got some friends recruited for this weekend so far the swaparooski is going forward as planned...
Ive never been so nervous and excited and apprehensive but at ease about anything this much ever in my life so far... i know u guys dont really wanna read all this but i just gotta tell somebody something lord knows my girlfriend dosent wanna hear anymore about me and my relationship with my mustang lol i dont care i love it! I feel so alive exploring the unknown like phil i think mayb 6 shooter said somewhere around here... "its just money guy" lol

Spdricer

So we got one out... driving a friends buick lacrosse to work now he has a pick up truck too.. now just gotta get the automatic engine out and into the bent frame car... better pictures soon..

Spdricer

So we got off to a head start today began at around 11 went to the store once for a pulley puller... took out the engine from the white one and had it pretty much in the black one by around 12 am we couldent get the drivers motor mount because the boom on the crane was suddenly too short lol anyway gonna try from the side tomorrow wanna get everything lined up and the drive shaft bolted atleast on the black one then i want to just go ahead and focus on finishing the prize which is the white one so i can take it back apart for the turbo build...

Spdricer

So i had 3 solid girlfriends before i started this build but im pretty sure i messed it up with all of them this weekend lol i dont even care i put life on the backburner for this one lol

Both engines are now successfully swapped!..

I left the accessories for next weekend but drive shaft is bolted and motor mounts are bolted on both cars got my little shift shaft poking up out of the tranny in the white car now so im beyond feeling accomplished at this point lol i have a lot of work ahead of me still, but after that crazy procedure it all seems pretty easy...

Spdricer

Putting auto in black car

Cleaning engine bay on white car getting ready for manual motor..

Pointing at auto fluid dipstick in the black car signifies a job well done!

Spdricer

So i got my knives sharpened by this guy that comes around in a truck and 5 minutes i go inside and cut right through the skin of a lime and into the pads of my finders i needed 7 stiches total on 3 fingers

So becareful with sharp stuff guys i am not enjoying this my crane was in the shop i was operating another crane my mercedes is in the shop both of my mustangs are taken apart and now im in the shop lol wow gotta stay vigilant!

Anyway sorry guys i know how much u wanted an update lol (crickets chirping in the background) but it seems my epic run of god assisted progress has finally been slowed however against all odds i refuse to quit on my dreams!!!

Spdricer

So the petals are swapped i just have to get the cat back from over the axel

and into the white car burp coolant and add gear oil and i can drive it to work... i know it runs and idles but i havent given it throttle to see if the computer dosent see the auto and limits the revs to 4000 thinking its in neutral... swapping ecu might fix that problem or might make it worse with pats system and what not planning on crossing that bridge when i get there....

Besides thar I still need to swap rear ends wheel set up fog lights hids (double din maybe later but definently take it out of black car for safe keeping inside)
I have a set of roush stage 2 rear valences that i never got around to getting on the black car, the side skirts and im gonna get another gt type r replica front lip and send all that to get color matched white and install that later... get coilovers castor camber plates swap over steeda bump steer kit and maybe take of the gold mustang stickers along the side i donno still on the fence about that one stick with white and tan look for a while till i get bored with it then go with my first appearence goal of all white and black turbo build is still taking presidence just kinda squeezing these little things when its most efficient to do so....

Spdricer

Yeah!! Almost finished! Took the axle with the 273s out of the black car and got it mostly installed in the white car with the cat backs dangling on top.. rain started threatening us at around 10:30 so i decided it was best to save the grand finale for daylight...

Got to cetch the first episode of harley and the davidsons that was neat cant wait to see tomorrows episode