AMG C55 Trade offer

Alen

Hi a neighbour offered me his 2006 C55 for Trade. Its a Sedan.Nothings Wong with it. Meanwhile I accomplished a few Goals I had and bought a 07GT Mustang. I didnt thought how Crazy it would be and on what of an amazing Journey this GT would Take me. And thats now the Point ....so Long I habe waltend for my GT, also Im a diehard American Fan.... So my question is Should I Consider a Trade, also I would Love to hear mirrazerros oppinion wich I would appretiate very much. Mine is a GT from 07 with 100k on the clock his is a mb C55 full loaded with steeringwheel shiftpaddels and all the other junk....
Thanx everyone
-Alen

Xenocide

Not sure why you would even post on here. I would have responded yes within about .005 of a second.

Alen

No the mustang in germany is a freaking shiznit and People are Crazy about that Thing. Thanx for the Super fast response! Okay Even my Heart bleeds I will Five my Mustang away....it was so nice to greet other American Car Drives on the Road and also was nice Beeing Photographed everywhere I go, People treated you like an Superstar....but okay I learned here
Alot and know how much
stuff is in a AMG wich Mustang enthusiasts Dream about when they Upgrade brembobrakes and what Not. But still I Love my Mustang and still it wont ne Easy. As Soon
as I Take the AMG Pix will follow
God bless yall

babz

If specified
Oh, english isn't your first language. I was wondering why your post was so hard to read. :lol:

Xenocide

Of course the mustang is a "rare" and "desired" car elsewhere in the world. I met some guys from Saudi Arabia, they all love the Mustang. They did also tell me though, the nickname for it in Arabic literally translates into "Mechanic's bitch" because it does not hold up well in harsh climates like the Mercedes and BMW's do.

Travis

Lexus ES350 - Nissan Skyline GTR
Oh, english isn't your first language. I was wondering why your post was so hard to read. :lol:

He's also just a general dumbass. Extreme use of ellipses and random capital letters has nothing to do with English not being his first language.

MMR

I like cars!
Welcome back Alen !

Things to consider;
- The mustang deducts faster and more in value than the Mercedes.
- Mercedes is easier to get parts for, and might be cheaper in parts and service aswell, since its Germany you live in.
- Mustang (at least here in Denmark) is cheaper in insurrence.
- Personally I think the C55 is one of the worst looking sedans mercedes has made, and the Mustang can't even be compared to it in terms of looks. (Just my opinion)
- Both cars does 0-100km/h in about 5 sek.
- Both cars averages about 8 - 10 km/l.
- Yes, the Mustang is considered more exclusive and rare overhere and you will receive more compliments and thumbs up for the Mustang.
- Mustang is rated at 300 PS and the C55 is rated at 367 PS.

So whatever flows your boat! :)

Travis

Lexus ES350 - Nissan Skyline GTR
See? My point exactly. If you want to nitpick, it's a bit apparent that MMR is also a foreigner. Nothing he says at all is remotely difficult to understand. Why is this? He's not a dumbass.

Alen

Thank you MMR and everyone else for the response. now to the AMG, its very true that the cars got similiar 0-60 Times and somehow I do wonder because the 5.4l engine should at least from the torque curve be faster then the Mustang. The other side of the coin is, handsdown, the haptic,the way everything feels, the mentioned shiftpedals on the steeringwheel,the different overall feel of the benz automatic In action, the possibly, no obviously better brakes....only downdide is to service it... Its like 1k for small inspection. And 2 k for the big one also the mustang in insurance was 160 Euros a month a costs for taxes have been 320 euros, im aware that the AMGwill double almost at least the insurance, allready checked it with my agent and the taxes per year will rock with 370 euros the wallet.Thats the facts. Just came back, ive visited our MB dealer here in Baden-Baden I even saw there a nice cls 350 for just 20k used with 100k on the clock... Even MB dealer was interested in my exotic mustang . For sure Iwill first get the AMG and if this thing wont satisfy me I will get the CLS , man the cls was nice:)nothing is diehard written in stone yet nxt weeke nd the AMG testdrive amd then we all see!
Cheers
-Alen

Alen

Sorry some funny looking words need to get used to this i phone 4s. I will check my upper reply and do my best to let everything make sense.

MMR

I like cars!
There are different opinions about the mustangs 0-100 km/h times, since they can vary in gears and different drivers will set different times in (your case with a manual transmission). People has reported anywhere between 6 and 4.8 sec to 100 km/h in the mustang, where as the C55 has AMG's speedshift transmission ONLY (The ones that were sold here in Denmark atleast), and it has been said to hit 100 km/h in anywhere between 5.5 and 4.9 sec. Different weather conditions and other factors can also have an influence on the exact 0-100 time, so you can't really say that one will do it in exactly 5 sec, thats why I said "in about 5 sek."

But the thing is Alen; you are comparing two different types of vehicles, the C55 is a tuned luxury car, and is designed to provide you with luxury and performance at the same time, where as the mustang is a muscle car, and is more about raw power. So of course the Mercedes will have a nicer interior and will be alot more comfortable to drive.

Alen

Like i mentioned before, ivebeen to the dealer today and saw also the new c class coupe, my god they looked from the inside like a spaceship, wow. They gabe me the broshures for the c coup and new cls. MMR iam 32years old and since the mustang is lovered, sports the lambodoors and on top is a auto( not precise enough IMO) im ready for a luxury sportscar with power and comfort, maybe I will get the cls, that thing just has 273 hp but maybe it would feel different, better accell in terms of transmission quality. I will know check the books the dealer gave me and then Im gonna see whats up,these new ones really look from the inside like a spaceship, wow!

MMR

I like cars!
Yeah, I hear you on that one buddy. I am 22 and I have already grown apart from this "everyday sportscar" thing. But if your wallet can handle the CLS, then go for that, that is definitely what I would get too. 273 hp is fine for an everyday car anyway, and is properly better on gas than the C55 aswell. ;)

Andy

Funny laughing blue guy.
I wish he would go back to using the forest sig someone made for him ages ago...

vertstang232

I wish he would go back to using the forest sig someone made for him ages ago...

Dont we all...

Attachments

• alen.png
    alen.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 193