Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Any news on Supercharger Kits yet?

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Trojan Horse, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Trojan Horse

Trojan Horse 11 National Championships

I am really interested in the new 2011 V6 and was wondering if any of the usual suspects have started development of superchargers for the new 3.7L? I haven't heard too many 3.7L details yet as to compression ratio, etc.

2. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

I wouldn't surprised if there was a kit made available to use the Ecoboost twin turbo setup before too long. I haven't heard anything yet but I'm sure most companies will be interested in developing f/i for the new Coyote first.

3. greensteeda

greensteeda Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!

I am curious to see if the turbo setup from the turbo eco-boost work with the not turbo eco.

4. Duke

Duke God

I think the architecture is similiar to the old 2.5L Probe Motors. I wonder what parts can easily be retrofitterd (ie ghetto rigged) to the new Eco-boost motors.

5. mustang164

mustang164 New Member

I'm sure there are a few people out there ready to tt the new eco-boost. I don't know about the strength of the internals but unfortunately the newer engines aren't going to respond to boost to well because of the higher compression.

6. mikek99v6

mikek99v6 Active Member

That's what I was thinking. They have most of the power squeezed out of these motors you can get without a power adder, maybe with higher compression. And I still haven't seen the torque output of this engine.

7. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

305hp / 280tq

8. mikek99v6

mikek99v6 Active Member

Oh ok so it's got the torque up there pretty well too...Actually not a ton more torque than a 3.8 with a cam and some porting since I've seen some 3.8s with just a cam and UDP making like 250rwtq. But it does have the HP advantage. Still won't be able to know for sure how it'll react until people have FI set up on some.

9. x42bnx

x42bnx Demon Inside

Because of the higher compression it won't respond as well as older 3.8's do to boost. But that is ok, it's hyped up like the V6 Camaro with 305HP an donly a 6.0 Second 0-60, 260HP GT's stomp these things. Fat boats!

10. tedness

tedness Mellow Yellow

after reading that to achieve 30mpg they re-geared the car back to 2.73's, i think a more affordable way to get that butt dyno feeling of speed would be throwing in some 4.10's.

with the 6 gears and 7000rpm redline, highway mpg would still be reasonable and the car would feel like a rocket.

if it weren't for the fact it would never sound like a throaty v8, this would be on my short list of cars for my next ride.

11. ESG-642T

ESG-642T Custom Camshaft's R US

The ecoboost is already turbo'd

12. kcoon24

kcoon24 Well-Known Member

is it a single or are they twin turbo's?

13. nemesis

nemesis 2nd to none

twins.

and max boost would most likely be 6 psi untill ya bumped the compression down for the new v6.

14. JRK

JRK Well-Known Member

It would be hard for me to go back to the sound of a V6 after owning both a V6 and a V8...If I were in the position to buy a new Mustang, I'd have to wait and save up for the GT.

15. Stangcharger

Stangcharger BOOST

I can see this.

My friend owned an 03 cobra and had it pullied/exhaust to 472rwhp. It would be real hard for him to say step back into a lower hp car. So same thing on the exhaust. If that is wanted you just have to get what you want.

16. Ltngdrvr

Ltngdrvr Active Member

The new 3.7 DOHC 4V TiVCT engine has 10.5:1 compression so it's not a big jump in compression over a 99-04 V6 that has 9.8:1.

I am sure that it would be a BIG job to adapt the ecoboost 3.5 turbo setup to the 3.7 since the ecoboost 3.5 is used exclusively in front/all wheel drive transverse applications so far.

4.10 gears would be tough to live with behind the 6 speed trannies, auto or manual, that come in the new Mustang because they have EXTREMELY low first gear ratios, 4.236 in the manual and 4.171 in the automatic.

The optional rear gear ratio that is available is a 3.31.