Any recommendations for exhaust on 2012 mustang v6 automatic?

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by cclayholland, Mar 14, 2017.

1. cclayholland New Member

2. Ronstang12 New Member

Attach a 5.0 to it :)

3. cclayholland New Member

Ahhh haha [emoji487]

4. gabriel d New Member

I am running Magnaflow Competition axle back (with K+N CAI) on my 2012 3.7 with manual trans.

Sounds not bad to me.

5. DocBoyales New Member

You have a really good point

6. zacharyevans43 New Member

I'm running borla stinger cat back exhaust system on my 2014 v6 mustang it runs great and sounds great it's pricey but worth it

7. DocBoyales New Member

I'd say putting on the shorty headers and keeping the rest of the exhaust stock. I've made many many changes to my exhaust and I'm finding out that nothing is truly sounding good except shorty headers with factory exhaust. Also, I'm not some mustang exhaust aficionado nor do I enjoy loud pointless noise. I have in fact heard in person many engines that were 800 and up horsepower. Long story short I Know what real power sounds like and I know what sounds good. Trust me, if you don't want shitty strange sounds coming from anywhere in your exhaust and you wanna keep the best fuel economy while getting all the best gains keep the factory exhaust and get Shorty headers. The dismissal 1/4 HP gain you'll get from changing the rest of the exhaust is not worth what you'll lose and all the mpg you'll lose. Unless you have a turbo charger or super charger keep the factory exhaust and put shorty headers. By the way shorty headers is the way to go because to get all the hp possible out of that engine the torque has been neglected, so a torque adding shorty headers is the way to go

8. zacharyevans43 New Member

Long tube headers are the way to go if you want more performance than sound

9. DocBoyales New Member

I'm about to put on headers and high flow 2.5 inch catalytic converters with 2.5 inch X-pipe and 2 inch in let and outlet 30 inch long resonators to keep out as much of the high pitched tones as possible and the rest of the exhaust will remain factory.