1. Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone ever work for a Walmart Distribution Center?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MUSTANGMEAT, Jan 19, 2007.

Social Buttons
  1. MUSTANGMEAT

MUSTANGMEAT SKIN FLUTE

I applied to a grocery d.c. for a part time job. i have too much free time and not enough money. just wondered if anyone has any experience with it.

and for captain america leon, don't close this thread. this is a legitimate question unlike some of the silly **** you post. :crazy:
  2. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

Jared did for a while I believe.
  3. J snazzy

J snazzy Cuttles!

Brandon works in the Grocery section (mormonstang)

Lets just say teh cucumbers aren't clean after he gets done with them :(
  4. MUSTANGMEAT

MUSTANGMEAT SKIN FLUTE

it pays 13.25 to drive a forklift or move trailers around or fill orders.

best part time job i can find around here. i only work 12 hr shifts wed-fri nights so too much free time. i just wonder if my schedule conflicts with what they want.
  5. Munky.

Munky. How I eat vag

I worked for the non grocery Wal-Mart DC...and oh my god that job ****ing sucked....My shoulder is permanently damaged form that job. Of course I was hand loading all trailers, and I'd fill at least 3 18-wheeler trailers a day (10 hour shift)

The only thing good about it was the money, which at the time I quit was 12.50 an hour (Mandatory 50 cent raises every 6 months) I always thought being a forklift driver wouldn't be soooo bad, so it sounds good to me.

you're doing grocery, so it will probably air conditioned, so that was another reason my job sucked so bad. I did it in the summer, it was about 120 in there everyday... I drank about 200 - 250 oz of water a shift...and never had to pee once...
  6. MUSTANGMEAT

MUSTANGMEAT SKIN FLUTE

thanks for the info
  7. Hooligan01

Hooligan01 Cold Hearted B*stard

Forklift driving FTW. I work in a magazine publishing company in the accounting dept. and some days they need extra help in the productions area, well being in accounting i pretty much outrank them all in our companies structure, so i get to drive forklifts, its pretty fun. :thumbup:
  8. luniz7

luniz7 Always better in three's

i worked at the evil empire (walmart) you should have applied for dairy or meat cuz grocery sucks. You have to do the most work out of everyone pretty much. Just be prepared to stack a million cans and what not. But its not really that bad, i just dont really care for retail thats all.
  9. YZBot

YZBot is made from stars.

Order picking for grocery distribution is a pain in the ass!!! Think lots of walking and lots of lifting. Just about anything is better than order picking.
  10. MUSTANGMEAT

MUSTANGMEAT SKIN FLUTE

yah i figure if they offer me an order filler position i will [/just walk away/] :lol:
  11. 95stangman

95stangman 3.8's latin lover

this is also true with auto parts. even thought at Autozone D.C. you start at $10 and two years later your at $16.50. still a pain in the ass. And anything is better than order picking.:thumbdown:
  12. austin5670

austin5670 Back

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  13. 2000mustang

2000mustang New Member

I have a buddy who works at Walmart Distribution Center. I think he likes it for the money though. I agree with everyone else that if its order picking dont take it. I blew my back out over 2 years ago order picking, by the way im 23 now and the doctors dont think my back will ever be the same.
  14. Culex

Culex 3.8's Polyglot

If you lived in any of the states where Publix operates, I'd recommend them for a warehouse job, and yes it does suck, especially for a "selector" or the person who has to build pallets with merchandise, lift tons of boxes, and adhere to a time limit.

But it has $13-14/hr pay plus free hot lunches. I considered moving to one once but then I decided I enjoyed having healthy limbs.

Edit: the pay can vary according to how many pallets you can complete, up to $18/hr I believe.
  15. MUSTANGMEAT

MUSTANGMEAT SKIN FLUTE

i am not into the physical labor thing so much....
  16. 2000mustang

2000mustang New Member

then stay out of warehouses. Not to mention that unless its a refrigerated warehouse its gonna be hot has hell in the summer. Very few warehouse have 8 hour shifts aswell. The place I used to work at was suppose to be 8 hrs a day but that was very rare. Plan 10+hr depending on work load. Oh and some mandatory saturdays aswell. Thats how alot of the warehouse around here work atleast.
  17. Munky.

Munky. How I eat vag

BTW Wal-Mart can kiss my left nut. :thumbup:
  18. Sonic_4.6

Sonic_4.6 say gnight to the bad guy

i worked for walgreens d.c. It paid well but a lot of bullshit came with it. I heard walmart did the same thing we did, i worked in the shipping department and we stood in trailers and stocked truckes by hand. We basically threw items into the trailers, lol. Where at in ohio is the walmart dc?
  19. MUSTANGMEAT

MUSTANGMEAT SKIN FLUTE

it is in Richmond, near Steubenville/Wintersville 35 or 40 miles west of Pittsburgh

it is grocery so i think it would have a.c.

i do some remodeling on the side but i have no desire to load pallets every day. not into that kind of physical labor :lol:
  20. 95stangman

95stangman 3.8's latin lover

well then, Wal-Mart can kiss my right nut then.:thumbup: