Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone installed Modern Billet Grille on 2014 Mustang???

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Himynameiznick, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Himynameiznick

Himynameiznick New Member

Hey, this is my first time posting for help here so hopefully I put this post in the correct spot. I'm having a hard time finding directions on how to properly remove the honeycomb part of the front grill from the chrome outer cover so I can replace it with the Modern Billet Grill from AM. The instructions and very few installation videos available only show how to remove it from a 2013 grill as there are just tab that I have to take apart, but according to reviews, the 2014 grill is actually put together differently and I would have to saw the honeycomb and chrome parts apart . I was wondering if any 2014 owners have done this install or know of anything that can help as I would prefer not doing damage to my brand new car by trying to saw the darn thing in half. Any links, pictures, or personal accounts would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you very much,
    Nick

2. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

It bolts right over the top of the Honeycomb grill on a 2014 hope that's you help out .

3. Himynameiznick

Himynameiznick New Member

I know the bottom grille is just a bolt on over the existing honeycombe. The top is as well?

4. hayden

hayden New Member

The top is not over it. U need to remove the whole bumper in order to install it. This upper grill on 14 mustang is not like the 13s,because 14s have a silver surround bar all around the upper grill. I don't like it much.gonna paint it black. Hope this will help u.

5. Duggie

Duggie Duggie

On my 2014 it also bolted right over the top of the factory grill with long bolds. No cuts had to be made that I recall.