Appealing a parking ticket

Jeff

Florida Man
So I received two tickets at UCF. One for parking in a reserved spot, and another for not displaying a hang tag. I'm paying the one for the tag, but I'm wondering if I can appeal the other ticket. I mean, yes I was parked in a reserved spot, but it was reserved for my car! :lol:

What do y'all think?

Orguss

It's SHO Time!
If you're telling the truth about the reserved spot, it'll be easy to get out of it with proof.

kgmx856

Dirtbike Aficionado
Two tickets at the same time? I would think if you could prove one, you could get out of the other.

Jeff

Florida Man
If you're telling the truth about the reserved spot, it'll be easy to get out of it with proof.

It is my spot. I just left my tag on my shifter, and forgot to put it back up. So they gave me two tickets. :fuuu:

Holly

it's all in your head
At my university, if you can prove you do have a tag for that spot, they'd just drop both of the tickets. Why don't you just call or go by parking admin office and ask?

Domingo

LT's on a vert
Go to the campus police station, or whoever is in charge of the tickets and ask them. I had quite a few tickets I had to get dropped when I was in school. They were horrible about giving people tickets for non-issues.

Jeff

Florida Man
Go to the campus police station, or whoever is in charge of the tickets and ask them. I had quite a few tickets I had to get dropped when I was in school. They were horrible about giving people tickets for non-issues.

Yeah, I'm about to go there now.

alexost

You must be new to UCF... have fun wasting your time appealing a ticket. It won't happen. Especially for your reasoning above. They don't care if you have one that wasn't hanging properly. Their defense is that it could have be used simultaneously somewhere else on campus. It specifically states on your tag, "not valid if not properly displayed." Don't even bother.

Jeff

Florida Man
You must be new to UCF... have fun wasting your time appealing a ticket. It won't happen. Especially for your reasoning above. They don't care if you have one that wasn't hanging properly. Their defense is that it could have be used simultaneously somewhere else on campus. It specifically states on your tag, "not valid if not properly displayed." Don't even bother.

I understand that I had my tag improperly displayed.

So you're saying I have to pay a ticket for parking in a spot that is reserved for ME?

I went and talked to them, and they said to go online and appeal it. Waiting for a reply now. :thumbdown:

alexost

I understand that I had my tag improperly displayed.

So you're saying I have to pay a ticket for parking in a spot that is reserved for ME?

I went and talked to them, and they said to go online and appeal it. Waiting for a reply now. :thumbdown:

:lol: Enjoy waiting. They refer you to the online site to avoid people getting pissed off.

Are you stating you have a specific spot (I don't think this is even possible...), just for you on campus? Or are you simply referring to the reserved B parking lots? Either way, it doesn't really make a difference to be honest.

And correct me if I'm wrong but... "I understand that I had my tag improperly displayed." Now, what does it say on your hang tag? ....

nikko

Admin Emeritus
I've been dealing with campus parking offices for 10 years.

Be polite, courteous, explain your situation. The two tickets are redundant and anyone should be able to see that. If they can't help you at the desk, file a well written formal appeal and wait. It should be resolved in your favor.

Domingo

LT's on a vert
I've been dealing with campus parking offices for 10 years.

Be polite, courteous, explain your situation. The two tickets are redundant and anyone should be able to see that. If they can't help you at the desk, file a well written formal appeal and wait. It should be resolved in your favor.

This. Bolded is most important. If you go in yelling they'll ignore you. If you go in with an attitude, they'll ignore you. Don't be like the "average college student" and act like an adult, and you should get what you want.

V666

UCF
Ive never known anyone who won an appeal at UCF. Your situation is kinda different though. Good luck.

Jeff

Florida Man
Are you stating you have a specific spot (I don't think this is even possible...), just for you on campus? Or are you simply referring to the reserved B parking lots? Either way, it doesn't really make a difference to be honest.

And correct me if I'm wrong but... "I understand that I had my tag improperly displayed." Now, what does it say on your hang tag? ....

I do have a specific spot. I park in the Towers parking garage. Fourth level spot 48.:lol:

Ive never known anyone who won an appeal at UCF. Your situation is kinda different though. Good luck.

Thanks. I'm going to need it. :thumbup:

shoulda done that first before whining about it on a forum.

Cool story.

Francis

Seattle, WA>Texas
At my college I just give them a sob story that im a poor college student with no money and they drop the ticket. done this around 3-4 times for parking in faculty spots :lol: