Arizona Updates

3.8Mateo

Wild and Free bro
Hey homies, if any of you are bored today before 5:30ish, give me a call. I'm going to be installing my exhaust. I'm getting ready to go out and buy the hanger crap I need. :thumbup:

Mustang71Lover

Fastest Kia in Arizona
Well the fastest I was able to pull was a 15.42 at 90.8 MPH.:( I can launch a lot higher ( about 3k ) but i didnt want to break my rear end:D Anyway I beat a mid 90's firebird with a 350 so I at least got one kill tonight. Too bad that spill happened though,bc we waiting for about 45 mins then left.

Charlie, how much did you pay for you cam package? And how hard was it to install? I sense this happening in the very near future :evil:

400$ for all gaskets, springs, pushrods, etc plus a lil extra for fluids. It took 3 full days but thats because we ran into problems finding valve spring retainers (we lost one) and finding a pulley installer (had to make our own).
So ya, theres a write up on my cardomain (link in sig) and I would be glad to help you out since I know what I'm doing now.

NMStang218

Hello My Name Is
400$ for all gaskets, springs, pushrods, etc plus a lil extra for fluids. It took 3 full days but thats because we ran into problems finding valve spring retainers (we lost one) and finding a pulley installer (had to make our own).
So ya, theres a write up on my cardomain (link in sig) and I would be glad to help you out since I know what I'm doing now.

cool beans man, I may act on your offer:D Ill be checking out your write up more throurouly to get a better understanding. Basically I dont know what do to after I get the timing cover off, but thats about it. Also what did you need the pully installer for? The PS pulley? That should come with the pulley puller from autozone. Maybe its another one. but thanks!

Mateo- Id loved to help but ill be working on my gf's car today since its in need of a good tune up:thumbup:

Mustang71Lover

Fastest Kia in Arizona
cool beans man, I may act on your offer:D Ill be checking out your write up more throurouly to get a better understanding. Basically I dont know what do to after I get the timing cover off, but thats about it. Also what did you need the pully installer for? The PS pulley? That should come with the pulley puller from autozone. Maybe its another one. but thanks!

Mateo- Id loved to help but ill be working on my gf's car today since its in need of a good tune up:thumbup:

the crankshaft pulley installer tool for our cars was no where to be found, we ended up using a 2x4, a hydralic jack *vertically placed against the frame* to reinstall the crankshaft pulley. The power steering pulley we didn't even take off, we just unbolted the power steering from the engine and ziptied it to the side of the engine bay, some thing with the AC compresseor

NMStang218

Hello My Name Is
the crankshaft pulley installer tool for our cars was no where to be found, we ended up using a 2x4, a hydralic jack *vertically placed against the frame* to we install the crankshaft pulley. The power steering pulley we didn't even take off, we just unbolted the power steering from the engine and ziptied it to the side of the engine bay, some thing with the AC compresseor

ahh is see..lol

For the PS, Ive always taken it off to get access to take off the heads but I guess I wont have to in this case. Also, My crank pulley is held in by 4 bolts, and Never needed a pulley puller to get it off:D One of the advantages of being born single port i guess.

How hard was installing the springs with the head on?

Mustang71Lover

Fastest Kia in Arizona
ahh is see..lol

For the PS, Ive always taken it off to get access to take off the heads but I guess I wont have to in this case. Also, My crank pulley is held in by 4 bolts, and Never needed a pulley puller to get it off:D One of the advantages of being born single port i guess.

How hard was installing the springs with the head on?

really? they are different? thats gay

not hard as long as you have the right tool. TG bought the tool now, so you could use his. Only hard part was NOT losing the valve spring retainers, they always seem to fall off and dissapear.

3.8Mateo

Wild and Free bro
Well my exhaust is like 65% done. Lol. Good ol' Ford didn't have any of their 65 dollar hangers in stock, so I was left to fend at Checkers. I think my idea will work, but its deffinatly temp. I have bent a ghetto hanger, and can mount it in the pass. hanger position, and then rest the hanger bar form the muffler on it.

Question, is it ok to run the car with only one muff for a duel set up, meaning the y has one completely open and the other is complete?

Aerosi665

Beware of Imitators!
Unless you have a crossover it might be a little rough on the engine with unequal pressure on both sides like that.

3.8Mateo

Wild and Free bro
Well the car drove fine like that and I didn't lose anything, so tomarrow after work I will complete it. I was shocked by how quiet the car was with ouut any exhaust when I started it up. (after I had removed the stock exhaust) My dad was freaking out saying it was going to be super loud...guess not, damn catalytic converters...

3.8Mateo

Wild and Free bro
No I'm not talking about the equal firing order, i ment if one side has a muffler and one side doesnt.

I figured out what you meant today, lol. But It did ok, I will be able to finish it up today. I tried to find something to use as a block off plate, to close that one side. Because the last think I need to it pass out and die from carbon monoxide or some related accident. :lol:

Mustang71Lover

Fastest Kia in Arizona
Well the car drove fine like that and I didn't lose anything, so tomarrow after work I will complete it. I was shocked by how quiet the car was with ouut any exhaust when I started it up. (after I had removed the stock exhaust) My dad was freaking out saying it was going to be super loud...guess not, **** catalytic converters...

now that I have a job i'm going to be getting longtubes and deleting my cats soon, you want dibs on the my 2.5" magnaflow highflow cats?

NMStang218

Hello My Name Is
now that I have a job i'm going to be getting longtubes and deleting my cats soon, you want dibs on the my 2.5" magnaflow highflow cats?

Sweet. Thats bad asssssss. I finally found a place that will take out my cats too so hell yeah mang no one needs those!:D :D :thumbup: Id get long tubes too but since my headers dont fall apart I think ill kept those for a bit:lol:

Aerosi665

Beware of Imitators!
Yeah I decieded that when I can find someone to pull the motor I'll do longtubes. Damn you impossible 4.6 longtubes!

NMStang218

Hello My Name Is
Yeah I decieded that when I can find someone to pull the motor I'll do longtubes. damn you impossible 4.6 longtubes!

lol tell me about it. We had to take one of Ryans off to put the bellhousing back on:lol: I can only imagine how itd be on a 4.6

TxStang420

lol tell me about it. We had to take one of Ryans off to put the bellhousing back on:lol: I can only imagine how itd be on a 4.6

Yup, if it wasn't for this whole adventure, the whole process would have been a hell of a lot smoother. So remember that once you do get LT's, everytime you have to swap clutches, at least one header has to drop as well!:thumbdown:

Mustang71Lover

Fastest Kia in Arizona
Yup, if it wasn't for this whole adventure, the whole process would have been a hell of a lot smoother. So remember that once you do get LT's, everytime you have to swap clutches, at least one header has to drop as well!:thumbdown:

YAY FOR NOT HAVING A CLUTCH! WOOHOO!

3.8Mateo

Wild and Free bro
lol wells guys, I now have my exhaust...well I'll say 95% done. The only hting i have left is the passenger side tip, which I'm having to make a custom hanger for. The only problem I ran into was a bunch of dull drill bits...anyways, I'll be heading to ford tomarrow to order the real things.