Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Barn Find...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Art_B, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Art_B

Art_B New Member

I tripped on a barn find (a garage find actually), a 1998 Mustang convertible with only 7,500 miles on the odometer. Owner died and his wife just kept the car in the garage. Had not been started or driven in at least 6 years. Car has a 3.8L V6 engine. I made a deal with her to buy the car, pulled the drive shaft and used a dolly to bring it home. I had to siphon the gas out, drop the fuel tank and replace the fuel pump. I pulled the plugs and fogged all the cylinders. The first start up it ran rough and would not idle, but after running it more and more (and getting it up to warm operating temperature), it has smoothed out and now it's running nice. Still have some major clean up to do, AC doesn't work (re-charge?... and it needs new tires) but looking forward to enjoying the car next summer.

IMG_0349.jpg IMG_0348.jpg

Wandler likes this.