Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best bolt on mods.

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by TheSeed, Feb 9, 2017.

1. TheSeed

TheSeed New Member

Hey people, this will be the first v6 mustang I've worked on, it's a 2001 5 speed I'm looking for a list of the best bolts ons for power as well as handling, and does an 8.8 out of a GT drop right in? thanks. -Seed

2. six gun

six gun Active Member

99-04 gt rear end is a direct swap, even has same gear ratio.

easy bolt ons: cold air intake, ignition coil, under drive pulley kit are good starter things. Exhaust and a tuner are nice too.

Bullitt mustang front and rear sway bars work decent for cornering improvement.

3. JTsStang

JTsStang Boosted V6

Tuner, gears, posi traction, or cam swap are what I would go for.

4. KirkComer

KirkComer 1999 3.8L 5 Speed

The 17" wheels and tires helped handling on my stock V6. A good deal on a CAI is the Summit brand CAI (its a K&N CAI for $50 less than a K&N). I also have the Summit brand exhaust... it's got some good growl around 2,500 rpms but is pretty quiet at low rpms which works great for me since mine is a daily driver. I got the MSD coil, MSD wires and NGK iridum plugs from American Muscle. I also bought a chin spoiler from American Muscle. I have purchased the Summit brand shifter (its a Steeda tri-ax minus the top hole for raising the shifter a little higher... $50 less that the Steeda so its a no brainer to me) but can not comment on the shifter as I still have to install it (it'll stick it in once I finish working on a trans am that needs some tlc under the hood). Maybe a tuner from American Muscle next... idk Its a pretty fun car to drive with the 5 speed. From everything I've read the 8.8 is a simple swap to the V6... im waiting for one to fall in my lap... then I can spin both tires.lol

5. skittle_mustang

skittle_mustang New Member

Longtube headers(O2 extensions required)and x-pipe at same time. You can have a muffler shop build the rest of cat back.
    $240 for header plus x-pipe
    $30 o2 extensions
    $80-130 for custom catback. (Recommend you select own mufflers... Adds to cost)
    $500 total.
    Unlocks power straight off the bat.

mgredding04 likes this.
  6. TheSeed

TheSeed New Member

Thanks guys getting started soon. now that the dmv paperwork is done