BEST CAR CHASES IN MOVIES

D

drektek

what are your favorite car chase/scenes in movies? mine are as follows not in any order:

blues brothers - police chase
gone in sixty seconds - eleanor chase
fast and furious - first race with four cars
BULLITT - the ultimate car chase
oh, and that movie "the wraith." damn good car movie.
did i miss any?
i still havent seen AMERICAN GRAFFITI so i cant say anything about that one

V

v6vixen

The Eleanor Chase Scene from Gone in 60 Seconds.
The chase scene from The Rock with Nick Cage and Sean Connery.
And even though its not really a chase scene, I like the part in Die Hard Three when they are driving the taxi through Central Park.  ;D

H

HumpZu

[quote author=Pamela link=board=Polls&num=1001739132&start=0#1 date=09/29/01 at 01:17:42]
The Eleanor Chase Scene from Gone in 60 Seconds.
The chase scene from The Rock with Nick Cage and Sean Connery.
And even though its not really a chase scene, I like the part in Die Hard Three when they are driving the taxi through Central Park.  ;D
[/quote]

I love both of those movies! I usually watch them ever so often;  I have both.  

F

fr0ng

Oh my god. How could you possibly forget about Ronin. That movie owned.

P

PastaHead1

The car chase at the end of the Blues Brothers is a classic

Smokey and the Bandit movies are pretty funny too

D

drektek

i totally forgot about the ronin scene. that was definitely one of the best.
i know this wasnt in a movie, but i think the OJ chase was pretty funny.
also, all those "worlds wildest police chases" shows. i get a rush from seeing those. except for the whole car crashing and flipping over twenty times then getting the shoit kicked out of me by a cop. that isnt very appealing to me.

H

HumpZu

LMAO, that was funny. The OJ chase.  Just driving right along, igorning all attempts from the police at normal driving speeds.  Seeing all the many different people standing & stoping there vechiles everywhere, to catch a view of OJ. Holding up signs, cheering him on & seeing all the news copters in the air.

H

HumpZu

We had a wild chase here a few years ago. It was one early morning Sunday morning/ Saturday Night, and it was the end of the school year for some college kids.  There was a huge party, to celebrate the fact.  

But, I guess a couple of guys had a lil too much to drink and they got a wild hair up there azz & decided to steal a huge earth machine ( inloader ) & take it out for a spin.

They lead the police on a chase for over 1 hour, going down the main road, cutting in & out of gas stations, nearly missing gas pumps & parked cars. After driving around on on the main road, they decided to really test this sucker out, so they took it in a sub-divison, with homes in the 500,000 price range, the houses that have the huge gates in front, well they decided to start raming those & taking them out, along with some trees and whatever else was in there way.  

There wasnt much the police could do & they wernt stupid enuff to even get close to it, cuz they knew that if they were in its way, there going to be toast. So, they just followed & kept there distance hoping the machine would eventually run out of gas, but not before that would happen, they atempted to go straight threw a house, they would ram the front door of a mansion at 3:00 am, theyd just back up and keep raming it until they were inside the house.  LMAO

Talk about a rude awakening?  Thatd scare the crap out of me..

This actually happend, about 2 miles from my house. It was on one of those wild & crazy police shows on TV, also.

95Stang

The Bullit scene is the best I think, then the GI60S GT500, then the scene in Driven with the carts on the street. I liked that.

C

cobramadness

holy crap, i would of loved to see that chase.....  ;D  especially it going into the freakin house, lol...

Y

yinger

without a doubt, it has to be the gt500 in gone in 60 seconds

I

idontknow

idontknow if u consider days of thunder a chase but i do bc his goin for number one... gone in 60secs..... the rock .... fast and the forous... and some others...

S

stang_ahead

Im glad someone mentioned Ronin...that was a great movie and had good car chases. Thank you fr0ng, I was sitting here trying to remember the name of the movie. I also love Eleanor in 60 Seconds. And I cant argue with the scene in Driven either.