Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Best way to wash away the winter?

Discussion in '2005-2014 V6 Mustang Appearance & Entertainment' started by wildstarrman, May 5, 2018.

1. wildstarrman

wildstarrman New Member

What is your experience with Automatic Car Washes? Touch Free vs. Those with the hanging things and brushes?

What's the best way to wash the undercarriage if you don't use an automatic?

Can you apply a better wax on top of the car wash wax?

How about convertible top tips for car washes? Is all that soap on hot wax bad for the rag top?

2. six gun

six gun Active Member

No automatic wash will do an awesome job. Nothing beats washing it by hand when you can. But for the undercarriage you can go to the car wash where you spray it yourself, use an option that's good for tires and bugs, and use that to spray the wheel wells and underside the best you can. Should work okay on all your unpainted plastic trim as well.

Applying a wax by hand will also leave a longer lasting protection than anything from an automatic wash. I use automatics, touchless preferably, just as maintenance cleanings between hand washings and wax.

wildstarrman likes this.
  3. BullDiggity

BullDiggity New Member

I would also recommend a good hand wash. I wouldn't recommend using any car washes,but of you have to for sure a touchless. After a good wash clay bar the surface to give yourself a clean smooth surface to apply a quality wax or sealer. As far as the under carriage you could use a set of ramps if you have them so you can spray underneath easier.

wildstarrman likes this.