Bfg Kdw2..

Yeah the only complaint I've ever heard from them is that they make some decent noise and few people have told me they don't last long is you do a lot of racing/spirited driving. Not sure 100% on either because I've never had them on any of my cars, and they're a little too pricey for me.

greensteeda

Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!

blainestang

3 Mustangs, 0 Spoilers
For a similar price I highly recommend the Fuzion ZRi. Great life and wet/dry traction. Stiff sidewall gives great driver feedback. I will buy them again for street tires.

It's weird... some people say the Fuzions have "stiff sidewall" while others (I believe someone on c-c) said that he actually had the sidewall fold over onto itself w/ Fuzions. :confused:

Maybe since they're cheap, they just make each batch however they feel like :D

Anyway... I've had good experiences with Fuzions on the Fox and the Bullitt, traction and durability-wise.

greensteeda

Retired Speed Racer Mod. Suck It!
It's weird... some people say the Fuzions have "stiff sidewall" while others (I believe someone on c-c) said that he actually had the sidewall fold over onto itself w/ Fuzions. :confused:

Maybe since they're cheap, they just make each batch however they feel like :D

Anyway... I've had good experiences with Fuzions on the Fox and the Bullitt, traction and durability-wise.

Yeah well compared to Toyo RA-1's or other DOT-R compound tires yeah they have a flimsy sidewall for for a street tire they have been wonderful for me. With about 40 pounds of pressure I did not have any wear lines on the sidewall past the tread blocks. Thats after a track day, not just normal driving.

For a similar price I highly recommend the Fuzion ZRi. Great life and wet/dry traction. Stiff sidewall gives great driver feedback. I will buy them again for street tires.

I know, you and I already talked about them in another thread, but they don't make the Fusions in the sizes I want. :eek:

Drawlin

Unknown, even to me
i had the KDW's on a set of 03 cobra rims. excelent grip, but noisy. also, they like to grab imperfections in the road, so they will jerk u around a bit.

blainestang

3 Mustangs, 0 Spoilers
Yeah well compared to Toyo RA-1's or other DOT-R compound tires yeah they have a flimsy sidewall for for a street tire they have been wonderful for me. With about 40 pounds of pressure I did not have any wear lines on the sidewall past the tread blocks. Thats after a track day, not just normal driving.

Yeah, certainly the point of comparison is very important... and most people on C-C are probably used to much stiffer-than-average sidewalls.

I'll probably end up with some more Fuzions next time. I, personally, have nothing bad to say about them, and the price is awesome.

tedness

Mellow Yellow
the original kdw handles better because of the tread shape. kdw2 was designed more for show. one of my faves is kumho ecsta mx, but their problem is they don't last long enough.

V6RoushVert

Roush and Roll
I just got a set of the KDW2's,(285/40/18 rear...255/40/18 front).....not noisy at all....handle well. I replaced Goodyear F1-GSD3's with these tires,(I got almost 50,000 miles out of the Goodyears). So far so good.

Jon