Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blackberry Storm *update: now unlocked*

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tehnick, Nov 21, 2008.

1. tehnick

tehnick ʞɔıuɥǝʇ

Just picked up a Storm about an hour ago. So far, this thing is really impressive. I am really loving the touch screen with the click confirmation. It has a really good feel to it. Looking forward to playing with it a lot more.

Question for people with Verizon Wireless who also have a Blackberry: The contact manager that you can use with Get It Now for other non data phones... Is it possible to import your phone book with that or do you have to manually add them all in? In the past I've only had to download the app and run it and it would update all of my contacts for me. Can't seem to find it here.

I'm totally new to a Blackberry since I've never really had a use for one but I'm really digging this phone. Glad I didn't switch to AT&T for the iPhone.

2. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

It looks like a nice phone but I think I would like the Bold better. I don't like touch screen keyboards for some reason...

3. tehnick

tehnick ʞɔıuɥǝʇ

I've never used a touch screen keyboard before, but this one is easy for me to use. I have fat fingers too, lol. :lol:

4. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

The keyboard on my touch isn't too bad to use but I still much prefer my blackberry curve keyboard...

5. Xenocide

Xenocide New Member

I can't wait to play with one, I just wish it would come to sprint....

6. ccasey522

ccasey522 Per varios casus

You know the iPhone has click confirmation too right? I turned features like that off to save on battery life.

7. Nvacca

Nvacca Well-Known Member

My closest Verizon store was out, they said they would instantly apply the mail in rebate and overnight it to me but i want it NOW! :lol: so now im searching for other verizon stores

8. mczest

mczest I Like Turtles

instant mail-in!!! i would have done it to wait 1 day

9. Leon

Leon Well-Known Member

what are the blackberry plans like? i might check out the storm soon

10. Nvacca

Nvacca Well-Known Member

UGH orlando is officially out of it.... and they are back ordered till dec 5 :sadpanda:

11. Guitarzan26

Guitarzan26 I'm old

That touch/click screen is awesome. Makes texting so much easier than most touch screen phones

12. speedbump

speedbump cool guy

I read that hard core blackberry users will not find the UI to be too friendly. For true blackberry fans, the new Bold is far better. And phones like the iPhone or G1 are still superior to the Storm in the touch phone market.

I will admit the Storm looks very nice, far better than the G1. however after reading reviews, I am not sure that the UI is quite ready. I guess I will have to go test drive one and see.

13. tehnick

tehnick ʞɔıuɥǝʇ

So far things are good for me. This is my first BlackBerry so I won't have some of the gripes that the old school BB users will. I ended up getting out of bed at 5am and driving to the store to wait in line. I was like, number 8 and they only had 20 of them so I got lucky there. I had it set up to where if I couldn't get one this morning they would have one shipped out and I'd have it tomorrow, so it would have worked out either way.

Definitely don't want to make it a Storm vs iPhone thing because I don't really have a bias towards any certain device. I can say that if Verizon had the iPhone I'd probably have one, but we all know how that turned out lol. Either way the phones are nice and I am sure I'd be happy with either one. :D

14. Zues

Zues Go Green! Go White!

+1.

Every phone that verizon has that has a touch screen feels crappy to me. The timing is off when you touch a key, and unlike the iphone where it recognizes your finger touching the key as soon as it hits, the verizon phones are just not the same. If only the iphone came to verizon... :(

15. speedbump

speedbump cool guy

a friend had picked one up yesterday and he had it at a party tonight. so i took it for a spin.

the UI needs a lot of work. its not exactly responsive or smooth. it looks absolutely amazing. the best looking blackberry phone and OS in my opinion. however its usability is rough. the clicking is difficult to pick up on. why on earth they chose this i donno. it is a two step process to "click" a button or key. you must first select what you want then push down. it feels very clumsy. typing is slow going and button response is slow with little to no acknowledgment feedback. the touch screen itself seems like it works very well. but the clicking ruins the experience. if one did not have to physically push down, this would be a much much much better device.

the device seems to have good intentions. good hardware and software features. however, their implementation is all wrong. the touch interface needs help. until that can be hammered out, its hard to tell how good (or bad) the rest of the device is.

16. Singer

Singer Computer Nerd

Personally, i can't stand not having a keyboard to type on, it just doesn't feel right. At the very least i need key for the phone aspect. I used to have an xv6700 and i couldn't stand not have a real number pad to call someone. Its actually the only thing that has prevented me from going with either Android or the IPhone. For now, i'll stick with my moto q 9m. My contract is comming up and i'm starting to look at the new Samsung smart phone / pda that just came out.

17. thetrooper31

thetrooper31 New Member

is there anyway to put the clicking on silent...i was thinking about getting this...but if i want to browse the internet or text in class...its gonna be kinda hard if its making the clicking noise everytime i type

18. speedbump

speedbump cool guy

its not a sound, you physically push the screen down to click. the whole screen is is like a giant button. as far as i know, this is the way you have to use the phone. there is no way (yet) to only use the screen and tap to "click" rather than push to click.

19. Gameboy_J

Gameboy_J Coming Soon...Coilovers.

I have verizon and I want to get one of these phones. Nick, does the Storm allow you to scroll through your voicemails like the iPhone does? For some reason that feature more than any other has me thinking of leaving verizon :lol:

20. investinwaffles

investinwaffles 3.8's Other Indian™

What is the click confirmation?
    Haptic feedback?