Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blown Fuses?

Discussion in '2005-2014 V6 Mustang Appearance & Entertainment' started by Nicholas J, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Nicholas J

Nicholas J New Member

I drive a 2014 v6 mustang, today I was able to install led map lights but as I got to the trunk and license plate lights trouble started. The trunk light sparked a slight bit when I flipped it because the first time it didn't work and now even my stock bulb won't work yet I took my brothers assembly from his trunk light (we both have the same car) and plugged it into mine and everything works just fine. The license plate lights went in smoothly but only one side worked so I switched it back and forth to make sure it wasn't just a bad bulb. Eventually that gave out as well now my stock bulbs won't work in my license plate lights either! I didn't check my brothers light on these because I figured the issue is the same. What is the problem here? I had diode dynamics lights I am in the process of returning so I bought another kit from amazon which is in the map lights right now but these other areas seem to have shorted out. Can someone guide me to what fuse I need to replace or what way I need to go about this, it's my daily and I need the license plate lights to work so I don't get pulled over when I'm driving home from work. Thanks

2. finewayne

finewayne New Member

3. Nicholas J

Nicholas J New Member

Yeah I checked it my trunk light fuse was blown I fixed that and now the led works. My license plate light fuse isn't blown and it still won't work at all. I'm gonna have to take it to the dealer