Body Kit

jer9542

Hey, what is a good full body kit that isint super expensive. i know it sounds lame, but i am 17 and do not have that much cash to spend, maybe $500 after my pay check and i wanted to make my 02 convertible look alot cooler. any imput would be great. thanks (link to a site that sells it would be nice as well)

Jiggab00

The only way you're gonna get a complete bodykit for $500 is if its fiberglass, and if you do that, you might as well give me your money, it will be better spent. Save up your money and do it right the first time.

Dark02Pony

Jigga1181 said:
The only way you're gonna get a complete bodykit for $500 is if its fiberglass, and if you do that, you might as well give me your money, it will be better spent. Save up your money and do it right the first time.

x2, fiberglass is really all your gonna get for 500. The quality of fiberglass just isnt there as it is with urethane. Urithane bumpers and body parts have a lot of give and flex to them vs fiberglass which instead of having so much give just shatters.

investinwaffles

3.8's Other Indian™
you could do lots of minor exterior mods for 500. Like chin spoiler, gt hood/side scoops, headlights, etc.

MAYBE rims and tires, but doubtful

maxpayne35

Yankees > RedSox
i got my rims and tires for 500, got my body kit with springs and gt fog lights for
350, + 300 in paint.

JoyzGreenVert00

I love my V6!
I spent $600 on a fiberglass body kit (back when I didn't know any better) and it barely lasted a year before it was all busted up. :thumbdown:

A good way to make your convertible look cooler with $500 would be '03 style Cobra mirrors, chin spoiler, hood scoop, GT side scoops... those kinds of things. If you wanted to spend all your $500 at once you could get a CDC Lightbar.... :lol:

Or like V6 sstang said, buy some good used rims, next paycheck buy tires - you're set!! :D :thumbup:

MyLittlePony

V6 VIN V8 Power
Not only would it get you fiberglass... ...but it wouldnt even be painted. Youd be that ricer who spent all they had on a cheap kit, and its installed all cracked and unpainted :thumbdown:

Take things slow. If you dont want to get the other mods everyone else suggested first. Save up. And you dont have to get a full kit. I started out with a front bumper, and a couple years later added a back bumper.

Jiggab00

03RedStang said:
where did you get your rims 1. and 2 where did you get the shift knob

1. Ebay

2. MGW, although I've been told they don't make the auto shifter knob anymore.

CrayZeeDiCE

Save your money. Kits are over rated and very rarely look decent. Especially for 500 or less you still ahve to paint it which would be almost 1000 if not more for a decent paint job.

03RedStang

The Maine Stang
CrayZeeDiCE said:
Save your money. Kits are over rated and very rarely look decent. Especially for 500 or less you still ahve to paint it which would be almost 1000 if not more for a decent paint job.
1000 is stretching it a bit. Just keep saving would be a good idea

JoyzGreenVert00

I love my V6!
jer9542 said:
sorry for the late reply, thanks for all the feedback
Aren't convertibles fun? The day after a big rain it was sunny and warm out, so I cruised around with the top down. You don't even need a body kit to have a cool-looking convertible Mustang! :cool: