Bought a "slightly used" new ride today

sarahsmustang

Had new valve cover caps cnc machined and then polished out to a mirror finish

Also had them cnc a billet brake reservoir and had it polished as well, all to replace the ugly stock white tank.

Some test fitting

Widen two more rear wheels so I don't have to dismount / mount street tires/drag radials

Finally broke down and replaced the Wilwood rotor rings with new ones

Had a local do a photo shoot

sarahsmustang

Well..... another one has found it's way in to my life, or at least the garage.

Always liked the CPM (cosmos Purple metallic) only offered in one year 2004. Came with purple interior as well.

sarahsmustang

picked it up about 6 weeks ago....

Parts are rolling in. Have done full bushing kit for suspension. Upgraded the motor mounts. Replaced a slightly worn drivers door arm rest (original new in the box GM was difficult to find. But I found one). Replaced console lid with new GM. Added the 05 /06 true dual exhaust and added SAP mufflers (I have the quad sap tips as well, will add later). I have acquired the sap (sport appearance) rear bumper cover, wing and side skirts aka rocker panels. And a set of VMR V710 18X8.5 front and 18X9.5 rear wrapping them in 245 front and 275 rear Nitto 555. Adding LS2 05/06 243 heads and a custom cam, along with a 3200 stall converter.

Many hours spent polishing the mufflers to a mirror finish

sap pieces

A few other pieces

sarahsmustang

Nice to have another project. I plan to make it an appearing 05 / 06 GTO ( hood and exhaust) but in 2004 Cosmos Purple with ALL GM SAP (Sports Appearance Package)

sarahsmustang

Made a slight change of plans. About 6 weeks ago, I Found another 2004 Cosmos Purple but this one is M6 (6 speed) and only has 24,077 miles. So, I took it and had the dealer option sunroof installed. Moved the 05/06 hood to it. Loaded it and all the body pieces up in the trailer Monday (yesterday) and took it to paint. Should be done middle of next week. They are painting all the sap pieces, and removing 5 dings via paintless dent removal. I'll then upgrade suspension with bushings, move the 05/06 exhaust to it and do heads and cam. Pics to come soon.

stang101

^Bryan^
Made a slight change of plans. About 6 weeks ago, I Found another 2004 Cosmos Purple but this one is M6 (6 speed) and only has 24,077 miles. So, I took it and had the dealer option sunroof installed. Moved the 05/06 hood to it. Loaded it and all the body pieces up in the trailer Monday (yesterday) and took it to paint. Should be done middle of next week. They are painting all the sap pieces, and removing 5 dings via paintless dent removal. I'll then upgrade suspension with bushings, move the 05/06 exhaust to it and do heads and cam. Pics to come soon.
So glad I remembered this thread! Very cool. Do you have 3 GTOs now? Do you post updates on another other forums?

sarahsmustang

Can went to body shop about three weeks ago. They had a paintless dent removal guy come in, he popped out all dings. Car had two that he couldn't handle, one of right door and one on right quarter. Repairs done, 05/06 hood, sap rear bumper cover, sap rockers, sap rear wing, sap from bumper fascia, and front bumper cover all received a layer of Cosmos Purple metalic paint.

I also had a local shop install the dealer optional sunroof

Had all the green leds changed to purple. Everything in the cluster, radio and all interior switches.

Car is back home for reassemble.

sarahsmustang

The car is cosmetically finished. I took it to PIPF (Pontiac's in Pigeon Forge) and it won First place in stock class. Woohoo. Next will be suspension upgrades, then cam, heads, rear gears etc.

sarahsmustang

Progress report...... the 05/06 LS2 243 (better factory heads) have been sent off for cnc and the works. Custom cam ordered. Picked up a set of ported factory exhaust manifolds to help it exhale a bit. I already have all the supporting misc items, udp, gaskets, etc.

Scored a spare diff with only 44k miles and it was only 20 miles from my diff builder in southern California so he went and checked it out, I gave $200 for the complete diff..... NICE. Ordered Dana 3.91 gears last night, builder will rebuild the posi and change the gears and ship it to me.

sarahsmustang

Well... the herd has grown by one more. I've always said if I could find a Brazen Orange Mettalic 6 speed low mileage... I'd buy it. Well. Here it is. 2006 GTO Brazen Orange 6 speed with 27,896 miles. One owner. With some mods:

CV8Z wheels ($2,000)
JBA coated headers
Kooks street screamer exhaust
Upgraded slotted rotors
GMM ripshifter
JHP dash pod ($750)
BMR skid plate
Some upgraded suspension bushings

Attachments