Bought a "slightly used" new ride today

sarahsmustang

How many cars do you have?
The four GTO's the Subaru and my truck I use to tow with. I want something old again. I went two weeks ago to look at something. But it had too much rust.

I miss my mint 70.5 Camaro RS Z28 split bumper white with black stripes.

Jeff

Florida Man
The four GTO's the Subaru and my truck I use to tow with. I want something old again. I went two weeks ago to look at something. But it had too much rust.

I miss my mint 70.5 Camaro RS Z28 split bumper white with black stripes.
Awesome. my folks have a 63 falcon waiting to be restored. I love those split bumpers

sarahsmustang

Well... the herd has grown by one more. I've always said if I could find a Brazen Orange Mettalic 6 speed low mileage... I'd buy it. Well. Here it is. 2006 GTO Brazen Orange 6 speed with 27,896 miles. One owner. With some mods:

CV8Z wheels ($2,000)
JBA coated headers
Kooks street screamer exhaust
Upgraded slotted rotors
GMM ripshifter
JHP dash pod ($750)
BMR skid plate
Some upgraded suspension bushings

Got all the interior lighting changed over to orange from the factory green. And removed the black plasti dipped tail panel and installed the factory original.

cluster 1.jpg
mode switch.jpg
rear cover 1.jpg

sarahsmustang

Orange car Progress report: A few weeks ago...... Installed new clutch kit, clutch slave, replaced the factory clutch rubber supply line with a hard line, added a remote bleeder line, replaced motor mounts, trans mount, changed trans fluid, and diff fluid

Ordered a Magnuson TVS1900 supercharger and full suspension upgrade, bushings, shocks / struts, springs.

Last edited:

sarahsmustang

Further mods to the orange car.....

Installed Kooks 1 7/8 headers and catted mid pipes
Installed a AEM uego wideband
Full suspension upgrade, ploy bushings, struts and springs
Currently working this week on upgrading the brakes to the Brembo 6 piston front 4 piston rear CTSV brake kit
Had a front Monaro CV8Z bumper cover painted for it and the JHP rear spoiler arrived from Australia,

Much more to do in the coming weeks.

sarahsmustang

That engine bay looks incredible!

What's your fleet consist of these days?
Thanks, I recently sold the 2006 Cyclone Gray metallic with the full HSV conversion. I had it for 5 years and had done everything to it I wanted to. But I just needed something to go, to much time spent shuttling cars around, trying to maintain them, etc. So it drew short straw. I have the three GTO's

2006 Brazen Orange (29,500 miles, six speed with full CV8Z kit and the Magnuson TVS1900 supercharger and CTSV brake kit)
2005 Torid Red (the first GTO I bought, and the one with endless mods and buckets of money in it)
2004 Cosmos Purple (26,500 miles six speed car with full SAP Sports Appearance Package and sun roof) very rare optioned car.

The truck to tow my enclosed trailer (built 402 stroker, cam, headers and tvs1900)
The Suby my winter beater and driver when it rains etc. lol

stang101

^Bryan^
Thanks, I recently sold the 2006 Cyclone Gray metallic with the full HSV conversion. I had it for 5 years and had done everything to it I wanted to. But I just needed something to go, to much time spent shuttling cars around, trying to maintain them, etc. So it drew short straw. I have the three GTO's

2006 Brazen Orange (29,500 miles, six speed with full CV8Z kit and the Magnuson TVS1900 supercharger and CTSV brake kit)
2005 Torid Red (the first GTO I bought, and the one with endless mods and buckets of money in it)
2004 Cosmos Purple (26,500 miles six speed car with full SAP Sports Appearance Package and sun roof) very rare optioned car.

The truck to tow my enclosed trailer (built 402 stroker, cam, headers and tvs1900)
The Suby my winter beater and driver when it rains etc. lol
Very cool! It's been fun following your builds the past 11 years!

sarahsmustang

I've been busy...... the 2004 CPM (Cosmos Purple Metallic) with the LS1 received it's mechanical upgrades:

243 (LS2) ported and polished heads
Custom Cam
lifters
upgraded trunion rockers
push rods
oil pump
timing chain set
ceramic coated, ported and polished factory exhaust manifolds
Tuned with HPT

Car runs soooooo much better!

sarahsmustang

The 2006 BOM (Brazen Orange Metallic) I changed out the leather seat covers to Katzkin custom two tone and had the headrest stitched locally.

seat 1 .jpeg
seat 2 .jpeg
seat 3 .jpeg

sarahsmustang

I pulled the stripes off this weekend. Stripes were easy to remove, that dang adhesive. After several failed attempts with WD40, Goo Be Gone, and rubbing alcohol, I bought 3M adhesive remover. I found that if i soaked the residue with it, then used a plastic scrapper (the kind used to squeegee out air when installing decals) I could crap / roll it up and wipe it right off.

Also, installed the catch can, E85 flex fuel sensor and the mild2wild NPP exhaust controller (fancy way of keeping the electronic valves open in the exhaust).

Attachments

sarahsmustang

I pulled the stripes off this weekend. Stripes were easy to remove, that dang adhesive. After several failed attempts with WD40, Goo Be Gone, and rubbing alcohol, I bought 3M adhesive remover. I found that if i soaked the residue with it, then used a plastic scrapper (the kind used to squeegee out air when installing decals) I could crap / roll it up and wipe it right off.

Also, installed the catch can, E85 flex fuel sensor and the mild2wild NPP exhaust controller (fancy way of keeping the electronic valves open in the exhaust).

FTI 3200 stall converter arrived, fluids, filter too. Install is scheduled for this Saturday. Only other mods on my list to do are an MSD intake, ported tb, cam and headers.

sarahsmustang

Camaro is getting more mods:

The FTI 3200 stall converter is in, really brought the car to life. Installed a wideband for further tuning, The MSD intake manifold arrived and I sent it off for porting, and it came back yesterday along with a 95mm GM TB that has been ported. A set of Kooks headers and catted mid pipes arrived. I'm looking at boost options. Either 7 or 8 lbs with a procharger or I may try the vortech kit. It gets great reviews and is a good $1k cheaper.

Jeff

Florida Man
Camaro is getting more mods:

The FTI 3200 stall converter is in, really brought the car to life. Installed a wideband for further tuning, The MSD intake manifold arrived and I sent it off for porting, and it came back yesterday along with a 95mm GM TB that has been ported. A set of Kooks headers and catted mid pipes arrived. I'm looking at boost options. Either 7 or 8 lbs with a procharger or I may try the vortech kit. It gets great reviews and is a good $1k cheaper.
Need videos of all your rides asap