Bought a "slightly used" new ride today

sarahsmustang

Well dang it..... here we go, again!

Ordered boost for the Camaro. You guys will appreciate this. I'm doing something different this time. I order a Vortech kit. Designed in conjunction with East Coast Supercharging. Should make 8lbs,

But then it needs more fuel, so last night I ordered the LT4 injectors $480 and the LT4 HFHP pump OUCH $820 still need cam kit with a 32% more fuel lobe and the auxiliary fuel pump that will be activated by a 3 bar map sensor set to activate at 2 or 3 lbs.

sarahsmustang

Since you're going 3bar, how long until you drop pulley size?

Right before I crack a ring! Lol

I'm really hoping to keep this at 8 lbs. that's one reason I went this kit. It's pretty limited. I was considering Procharger. But I knew if the ability was there to go to 10 lbs. I'd have trouble with self control. Lmao

sarahsmustang

Ordered the auxiliary low side fuel pump kit. Decided to stick with the tired and trued Hobbs switch method. Also ordered the Aeroforce gauge and dual defrost vent pod to hold the aeroforce and the aem wideband. I think I'll try and hold off on a cam swap for a while. Cam and the dod delete kit is another $1400 and you have to take cradle off drop the pan, and remove the heads. I think I'll stick to the simple bolt on mods for now.

sarahsmustang

Decided to order exhaust. Already have Kooks headers, catted mids. Ordered the Borla pipe kit and Borla Atak axle back with the npp valves.

sarahsmustang

Whew..... I decided to make a change. My 05 GTO (red one) has had a Wilwood big brake kit for 10 years. My 06 GTO (Orange one) I put together a Brembo kit using calipers from CTSV and a bracket kit. Well, that kit was designed to clear "factory" 18" wheels. I have the Australian optional CV8Z wheel on the car, and although the wheel barrel clears the calipers, the wheel spoke does not clear the caliper face. So, in a rush to make it to a show I had a company make me some custom hub/wheel eccentric spacers and of course I had to install longer wheel studs.

Fast forward...... So, I decided to do some test fitting. I pulled two left wheels off the red car, two left wheels off the orange car and swapped the wheels between the cars and yep, without wheel spacers, the wheels from the orange car clear the wilwood brakes on the red car. So, yep. I removed the entire wilwood brake kit. Took the custom red powder coated calipers to powder coat and had them done (black face first) apply a Monaro decal then powder coat silver, remove Monaro decal to reveal the black script then clear coated. Removed the entire CTSV brake kit from the orange car, and I'm almost done installing the wilwood kit on the orange car (including cutting off all 10 wheel studs) Now I have the CTSV calipers at powder coat getting the silver stripped and redone in red with white GTO lettering (same two color method) I'll then install that kit on the red car.

All to prevent running spacers! oh, btw yes the spacers did make the tires scrub when you hit a hard bump at highway speeds. So they needed to go.

sarahsmustang

Well. I've decided to build. One more. So, I bought a roller. And have bought an LS 5.3 and auto trans. Ordered all new suspension and an MSD stand alone controller.

Gonna wrap it tursimo blue. And top the motor with chrome and billet and boost.

Attachments