Brake Sounds

Aaron Shugart

Alright, so the story behind this is that I needed to get a brake job done. New rotors and pads. Hadn't been done since I bought the car and the brakes were squealing so it was definitely time for it. I bought my own pads and rotors, had a couple guys help me at work and got it done. Thought everything was going to be okay. Soon after that I started to get a really bad metal to metal sound in the rear brakes. I couldn't figure out what it was at all. I have replaced the caliper, pads, and rotor on the rear passenger side. Finally I decided to try to go with some Wagner ThermaQuiet Brake pads to see if it would help. Which it did, till just the other day, the sound came back. It isn't as constant as it used to be, but it does come up. It is only on the rear passenger side now instead of both rear driver and passenger. It isn't while I am braking or anything, only when I am accelerating. It doesn't last long either. I have rattled my brain and I can't figure out what is going on. Has anyone else had the same problem and know what it could be? I don't know if it could be bad wheel bearings or dust plate or what. The sound never happened with the old rotors and pads. Only after I had put on the new ones.