Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Brakes won't bleed

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by TheSeed, Jun 2, 2017.

1. TheSeed

TheSeed New Member

So, I've been fighting the brakes on my 01 v6 mustang since I brought home. They won't build pressure(pedal is always soft) the car will however stop, just not correctly, now I've been told theres a reset switch somewhere thats a safety for when there's a leaking line, is this true? I've also been told that the TC unit can cause issues as well. Anyone have any advice? I've bled the master, and all the brakes starting from passenger rear on theres no air in the system.

2. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

Sounds like a bad master cylinder to me

3. douglass

douglass Active Member

If you end up replacing the master cylinder. Bench bleed it, once the air has been removed, install in the car, and just bleed the air out from where the brake lines connect into the master cylinder. Do it the same way you would bleed the air out of the calipers. Once the air has been removed you should be good to go.

4. TheSeed

TheSeed New Member

Master cylinder is brand new and has been bench bled

5. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

will say that it is hard to bleed the brakes with an ABS brake system. Had to go to a shop and have them pressurize the master cylinder to force flow the fluid and it took about 3 attempts to force all the air out of the system.

6. douglass

douglass Active Member

Did you buy the car with this problem? When was the master Cylinder Replaced , and is it a new or reman unit? If air has gotten into the ABS unit, you may need to bring it to a shop to have it bled. Not sure if this applies to your car, but some cars require a scan tool to be used to operate the ABS during the bleeding procedure.

7. TheSeed

TheSeed New Member

Alright so, my next idea is i am hooking up my ford NGS scan tool to operate the abs module. The master cylinder is a reman and a good one, I will report haha

8. TheSeed

TheSeed New Member

ABS module is inactive. Next step is figuring out if its bad or if that damn tc switch has anything to do with allowing power to it