Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Buzz about the 2015 Mustang. *Update post #42*

Discussion in '2015 V6 Mustang' started by MMR, Apr 18, 2012.

1. MMR

MMR I like cars!

Source: Ford Aligning 2015 Mustang with Generation Y

Main points:
    - Retro Styling will be replaced with modern styling, to try and attract Gen. Y buyers.
    - A new turbocharged four cylinder engine, a 2.7-liter turbocharged V6 and a turbocharged 5.0-liter V8 purported to represent the next Mustang.

dom_t likes this.
  2. DaBigBone

DaBigBone Bonin'

I hope they dont put a turbo 4cyl in these cars...

They need to keep it the way it is, 1 V6 option and a couple V8 options.

3. MMR

MMR I like cars!

Ecoboost Twinturbo V6 and the 6.2L Raptor engine FTW.

4. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

I wouldn't mind an EcoBoost4 as a base engine, seeing as how it could produce similar numbers to the current 3.7. And even though an EcoBoost6 can make similar numbers to the 5.0, I hope it doesn't become the GT's sole engine. As for modding though, a full line of EcoBoost engines could be very potent if they have built internals. Even the Flex (aka Brick) can run deep in the 13's with a simple intake and tune.

5. 1998232v6

1998232v6 2004 Silver Cobra

As long as there is a v8 in there somewhere I wouldn't mind. A TC4, TC6, TC8, would be a good variety to choose from.

6. speedbump

speedbump cool guy

you may see Ford test the waters with an "SVO" turbo I-4 built as a special run, like they would do for a Mach or Bullitt. if the the rumors of larger ecoboost I-4's are true, they will produce more power and torque than the current 3.5 and 3.7 and greatly increase fuel economy. if it does well, they may just swap out the V6 with the turbo I-4 in subsequent years.

Ford will maintain a Mustang modle with a V8 and a price point placing it in the same market segments its always been in. the Mustang has always been a value oriented car, especially when it comes to the GTs. a standard V8 powered Mustang will remain the center of the line up, no ifs, ands, or buts.

7. IggyBiggy

IggyBiggy Q('.' Q)

ask yourself why they're putting in 4cyls in...

8. MMR

MMR I like cars!

They are talking about reintroducing the SVO. And in that sence it had to ba a 4 pot turbo.

Key word: "They are talking about"

Nothing has been confirmed yet.

9. LilRoush

LilRoush Rare Roush Collector

For those of you too young to remember the previous 'oil crisis' the Mustang THRIVED with the gas sippling 4 bangers in the late 70's into the mid 90's. Think of all the 2.3L fox bodies that were sold during that time. You also saw options (like the SVO and some of the GT350 foxes with the 2.3L turbo) that were 4 banger motors putting down hp/tq equal to the V8 option of the same year.

If the Ecoboost is really an option, Ford will be smart enough to make the power match the car and the budget. I wouldn't mind a gas saver option for a Mustang daily driver. I don't need a V8. I prefer the original idea of the pony car: Fun to drive sports car that most Americans can afford.

10. mac_mogul

mac_mogul Ned knows best.

we're gonna have to change the name of the website to 2.0mustang.com

11. speedbump

speedbump cool guy

a properly potent I-4 would be a good engine for the Mustang. even adding some batteries and a couple torquey electric motors for supplemental power on acceleration would be a really interesting hybrid concept.

12. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

I support 2.7mustang.com. No new domains to buy. :taylor:

13. mac_mogul

The major issue they're going to have with smaller engines is the transmission. If they drop the 2.0 EcoBoost into the Mustang they're going to need to develop an entirely new set of transmissions (auto and manual) to make it work and those transmissions will be specific to the Mustang's platform and will likely only fit the 4cyl engine.

I would almost bet that the first year of this new Mustang will have the current engine options with a small turbo 4 arriving later on.

14. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

I think all you'd need is a bellhousing that would bolt up to the current gearbox and match the block pattern. Wouldn't need an entire new transmission.

15. mac_mogul

For a RWD application, I would think the transmissions would be different than the ones already used on the 2.0t The only RWD transmission Ford has for an ecoboost engine is the automatic in the F-150 for the 3.5 V6

The 2.0t in the Focus ST, Escape, Explorer, are FWD and AWD respectively.

Idk, I've never built a car so I don't know what all is entailed, I'm just thinking out loud. It just seems like it might not be cost effective for Ford to use a 4cyl right off the bat.

16. speedbump

speedbump cool guy

but 5mustang.com is taken? in the event of a theoretical 3.5 ecoboost Mustang, we are SOL?

17. MMR

MMR I like cars!

Latest 2015 Mustang Rendering is Considered Fairly Close

18. RustyRodder

RustyRodder Dumbass. That's you.

Still too much ass-plastic

19. chaoticdismay

chaoticdismay the rippin and the tearin

20. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

The front end has a little too much going on. It just looks odd, like Ford tried too hard to create something fresh to get away from the look they've been copying for the past 45-50 years that they just added a bunch of random **** without taking the concept of 'clean' into consideration. Almost reminds me of a shark.

IMO Ford should increase the length/height the grille, stick with a wider minature cowl like they have in the current generations, and streamline the bottom of the bumper to wrap around in one smooth piece. The Evo-type look Ford based the bottom of the front bumper and chin spoiler off of is one of the main reasons I don't like the appearance of Evos. The rear looks pretty clean as-is, but if they made it about 2" shorter it would look a lot better. There is a **** load of space between the outside edges of the turn signals and where it meets the plastic spoiler. Looks like about a solid 2.5'.

A quality IRS set-up with some firm bushings from the factory would definitely be a welcomed addition. Hopefully Ford learned a something from their experience with the Terminator IRS.