Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Buzz about the 2015 Mustang. *Update post #42*

Discussion in '2015 V6 Mustang' started by MMR, Apr 18, 2012.

1. speedbump

speedbump cool guy

i still don't think that Ford will completely abandon the American muscle car appearance for a euro bad box themed sports car. while it does look nice, it doesn't really say "Mustang". take away the badge and you would have to tell someone it was a Mustang. the amazing thing about the 2005+ cars, whether you like them or not, they are truly unique in the car world. that rendering just looks like they took a Taurus, removed two doors, and flattened it a bit.

2. MMR

MMR I like cars!

These are all early sketches, the production version will proberly be alot different. This has been seen several times before. Personally I hope it won't end up looking like this one, this one looks too much like its a Mustang trying to be something else, kind of hard to explain but it it looks like it wants to be a 370Z and at the same time trying to go with Aston Martins and Jaguars. IMO they should stick to its roots with the more masculine Muscle car looks. **Otherwise it will mostly be posers, rich kids and old men going through their midlife crisis that you will see driving them, just like you see with about 80-90% of the 370Z drivers on the road today (overhere at least).**

**Not intended as an offence to the 370Z.**

3. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

Looks like someone took a 2013 Mondeo and tried to adapt the 2010-2012 Mustang exterior to it. Like nearly every single rendering though, the production might have a similar cue or two but will ultimately not look like 99% of them that will be made between now and the inevitable spy shots/unveiling.

4. Norrisrn

Norrisrn New Member

I like it. Yes it looks like the squashed Mondeo I agree with this. But I like the look overall....

I'm hoping to get one of the newer ones after they get released. It would be cool to have a 40th and 50th anniversary in the corral.

EDIT: Yes it different. But how many of you guys liked the new body style back in 2005? They always tend to do this let one style go for about 8 years then change it up drastically. But within those 8 years they make smaller changes to the style and body but keep the overall remaining theme.

5. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

Having worked on the 3.7 Mustangs I can honestly say that those engines impress the hell out of me. I made an intake, tuned it, and the guy bought some aftermarket mufflers and WOW! Very Impressive car. I wouldn't mind a turbo 4 banger on a Mustang, I dont know if I would want the one from the Focus ST though just because it's throwing around 250 hp or so compared to the 305 the 3.7 has. Besides, the sound the 3.7 has at WOT is just :drool:

6. speedbump

speedbump cool guy

the hypothetical Ecoboost Mustang would have the theoretical 2.3L from the Focus RS concept and would chuck out a theoretical 320hp.

7. 1998232v6

1998232v6 My engine meows

Not a fan of dat ass

8. JpL4K3

JpL4K3 Moderator

[​IMG]

I want to see something similar to this for the next gen mustang.

9. TaylorGT

TaylorGT What the deuce?

10. tedness

tedness Mellow Yellow

looks like a baby aston martin.

11. mac_mogul

mac_mogul Ned knows best.

[​IMG]

I just started working on this in MS paint the other day. Seems the general consensus is that it should look like a little Aston.

12. neatofrito1618

neatofrito1618 ...

It seriously Ford will get their **** together to produce something like that. It will probably look far more similar to that fugly thing in the first post.

13. chaoticdismay

chaoticdismay the rippin and the tearin

Would bash. :drool:

14. rlrider

rlrider BOOM HEADSHOT!

Its to much like an Aston, I love how the Astons look dont get me wrong, but the mustang shouldnt be a copy of whats already out there, it was unique and new when it was launched, the car has always had its own persona so to speak, and to make it look like something else would ruin the integrity of that originality IMO.

Honestly if they want a "sports car look" look back into the new edge styling with new era modifications and a smoother look and more aggressive nature to it and such, I think it would be much better

15. MMR

MMR I like cars!

2015 Mustang Rumor of the Week: A 330hp Four-Pot in Place of a V6?

Also another picture of what it "could" look like:
    [​IMG]

16. Fink

Fink Active Member

this... and bring back every great color. BAB, Electric Green, Azure Blue, Comp Orange, etc etc

17. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime New Member

I love how people throw a fit about a 4 cylinder being in the Mustang yet they don't have a problem with 5.0 Fox bodies that made 180 to the wheels, or even worse the worthless 3.8/4.0 V6s that put down even less. Don't talk about being a purist when your driving a sub 200hp car. Horsepower > traditional nonsense

18. Ortiz

Ortiz Sup

I have no problem with a 4 cylinder Mustang, especially if it ends up getting the 2.3 Ecoboost engine. I even love the 3.7 v6, that engine is so damn impressive running around 13s in stock form.

19. MMR

MMR I like cars!

When people think of the "Ford Mustang" they think of it having a V8, thats why they are against pretty much any non-V8 engine in mustangs. I don't think ANYONE has liked V6 mustangs until 2011.

20. domin8

domin8 Lazy Unicorn

they should just call it the SVO