Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Can you guys edit the iPhone version of the site?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions & Announcements' started by TaylorGT, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Orguss

Orguss It's SHO Time!

Just wanted to see if any progress was being made toward improving the iPhone theme. In addition to the above, adding an ability to create a new thread would be nice.

2. axel4488

axel4488 Teh VSuxxorz Pron

what about using tapatalk? this is vbulletin right? it works great for the other forums im on.

3. Kuplex

Kuplex Retired Admin

No, the main reason being there is so much custom code done to the templates that I only do updates to the normal 3.8 filtered/unfiltered skin when needed. Trying to get the iPhone templates caught up will be a very long and trial/error process.

I can make some minor changes, but I will not address plug-in or add-on compatibility (which a lot of the fancier stuff is).

4. chaoticdismay

chaoticdismay the rippin and the tearin

what about just browsing the forum NOT using the iphone theme? i use the "no filter" theme on my iphone and it works just fine...

5. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

how about we make it easier? Tapatalk kicks ass on my iPhone. it's about twice as fast as navigating through the POS Safari browser.

Cliffy, can we add tapatalk to the site? it's free I believe and all it takes is a download and install.

6. adnhack

adnhack Adnhack

Who's the webmaster of the 3.8 site? Maybe I can help. I'm a programmer... just let me know if anyone is interesting in help me to develop the 3.8 iphone app :D

could be fun to try it.... or maybe a web site.... who knows... let's start a brainstorm :D

7. Jester4Kicks

Jester4Kicks pwn-hawk

Shoot a PM to Kuplex... although the guy is pretty busy these days, so be patient.

8. Archy88

Archy88 New Member

Tapatalk is actually an awesome app. I've been using it with the ModularFords forum. I hope you guys could get that working with 3.8mustang

9. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

Tapatalk looks pretty interesting. I'll investigate it.

10. nikko

nikko Admin Emeritus Off Topic Moderator

So I'm sold on tapatalk. That didn't take long. I've installed and activated it. Tested with the read-only app and it looks good to me.

That will be the preferred method of accessing the site from mobile devices from now on. I won't deactivate the iphone skin at the moment, but it should be regarded as "legacy" at this point and won't be receiving any further improvements.

11. MadStang

MadStang HAHA WUT

thanks nikko. I'll be posting on here a bit more now haha. the main site was slow on my phone!

12. Archy88

Archy88 New Member

I couldn't have been happier to see the tapatalk notice when I opened safari tonight. This app definitely makes life easier on the go!!!