Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Chain restaurants

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Holly, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:27 AM.

1. Holly

Holly it's all in your head

So, they blame millenials for killing chain restaurants. What are your favorite/least favorite chain restaurants?

2. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

Chilis. Loaded boneless wings are phenomenal. It is my favorite menu item from all chain places. They also have my wife's favorite.....classic nachos.
    Cracker Barrel. Good for being so cheap, but no bar is a deal breaker for me. Gotta be out around lunch time so never dinner there.

I refuse to go to TGIF or Ruby Tuesdays. Applebees is in the middle of love/hate for me.

I do miss Outback here. Def not the best compared to local steak places, but if in the area it was pretty good. I always preferred it over the other places like Longhorn, Texas Roadhouse, etc.

3. Zuplar

Zuplar Unregistered User

I like Chilis as well, but I'm picky on which ones. We will go to one about 10 minutes further away because it's night and day better compared to others.

I'm not big on Applebees, but it's the only major sit down restaurant we have in the small town I work in, so I eat it from time to time, but know not to get crazy with the menu.

We really like Texas Roadhouse, probably our favorite chain steak restaurant.

For fast food, Chick-fil-a is simply the best.

4. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

We have a limited selection where I live, it's basically Applebees, BWW, and the big fast food places.

Applebees is pretty meh but it works, especially with kids and I guess BWW is the same.

Texas Roadhouse, Chilis, Outback, In and Out, Chick Fil A are probably my favorites I don't have access too.

Had Red Lobster for the first time in forever on Sunday and it was pretty good.

5. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

yall got steak n shake? its pretty decent, cheap, and i think kids eat free on sunday.

6. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

As a millennial, I'm for sure doing my part in killing the chain restaurant industry. Don't really go to any at all anymore.

Idk if y'all have a Miller's Ale House, but we'll go there to watch sports occasionally. They have TV's everywhere you look and is a 5 minute walk from the house. Can't beat it.

7. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

Nope. Literally the only non fast food chain restaurants are Applebees and BWW. I guess Perkins but **** that place (outside of pie and muffins).

There was one right near where we were staying in FL but never made it there but we really wanted too. Now I'm sad we didn't.

8. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

got a waffle house? **** ihop btw

9. Wandler

Wandler @nwandler

What part of literally do you have a hard time comprehending?

Jeff and Gcrop like this.
  10. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

figured you had been to one before b/c places like that are pretty much fast food. steak and shake is for sure. i would exclude them from holly's question. nvm though :lol:

edit: you literally have a country kitchen. how you get butt hurt when i ask about waffle house and ihop :lol:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 1:20 PM
  11. Holly

Same here. I go to Fresh to Order (looks like there are a bunch around Atlanta, a few here, and a few in Chicago), Chuy's, and Houlihan's on occasion, but no places that have been mentioned so far in the thread. Oh, and World of Beer, but I don't eat there.

12. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

totally diff, but houlihans reminded me of hu hot :drool: i eat way too much when i go there.

used to live across the street from our houlihans. it was super close so i'd go there a few times to have a solo drink. my wife and i actually had our first dinner there. i offered to let her try my fish before i took a bite of it. she had said it looked really good, but ten mins before told me she was allergic to fish. dumbass :facepalm:

13. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

Don't be too sad cause it's really nothing special. Just super convenient lol

We have a chuy's here but I've only been a couple times. The layout of the restaurant is really bad so the whole place is extremely loud on a busy night. ****ing hate it lol.

We have a Brass Tap here which is just like WoB, and I only go for the beer like you

14. Gcrop

Gcrop Grit and Grind

So do you (Holly/Jeff) only eat at local spots or at home? Just curious.

15. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

Yup. There are plenty of great local places to choose from when I go out to eat

16. Derick

Derick Best Of The Best

we got about a dozen that are close to home we rotate. my wifes's favorite places downtown is actually about to open a new spot and it will be the closest spot to our home. i don't like going downtown so i'm freakin stoked, but it's gonna be slammed for like a year.

17. Holly

For lunch, the places I go downtown Indy are local spots. For dinner, I make it at home at least 6 nights a week. If we go out, it’s to a few local places we love. Most of the time I go to the chains I mentioned above, it’s for lunch on the weekends with friends.

I also forgot Giordanos is a chain. That place is delicious.

Reading this thread makes me realize I have so many more local options available than some of you guys.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 8:01 PM
  18. Holly

The Chuy’s bar here is totally separated from the restaurant so it’s not bad. Their food is above average, but nothing to get excited about.

Jeff likes this.
  19. Jeff

Jeff Custom Title:

Well you don't live in North Dakota...

20. Holly

You don’t say...

Jeff likes this.