1. Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Changing a radiator

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 04Moonstang, Apr 2, 2008.

Social Buttons
  1. 04Moonstang

04Moonstang Well-Known Member

Alrighty, i searched, found nothing within the first 7 pages so i decided to write a thread.

My friend has a 1997 camaro, she asked me if i could help her change it. i said i wouldn't be of much help to her but i can try. What better place to come to than here :rolleyes:. it's a v6 btw. she/I have never replaced one so i wouldn't know where to begin or what to do. help meh please?

**i need the how to on - changing a radiator on a 1997 v6 camaro**
  2. 2KSTANGFIRE

2KSTANGFIRE New Member

Drain water from botom, take off hoses and trany lines, unbolt/move anything in the way and remove it. Sometimes, if you cant find a write up on how to do something, its because its so damn easy to do, you should be able to figuire it out just by looking at it.
  3. 3WheelerDude

3WheelerDude Goat lover

Make sure to <burp > the system afterwards. Basically, let it idle for a few minutes with the radiator cap off and top off after all the bubbles are gone.
  4. sycostang

sycostang Heavy Metal Redneck!

Hopefully it's not retarded like the one I replaced on a 97 Taurus. The damn thing had to come out the bottom of the car. I wish my father had told me he had a chiltons manual for the stupid thing, would have saved me some head scratching.:uhh: