Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Changing transmission fluid

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Ned, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Ned

Ned New Member

How do you change the automatic transmission fluid in a 2012 Ford Mustang with V6 3.7L engine?
    There seems to be no dip stick.

2. frankp

frankp Member

If the transmission is in the car, loosen all of the transmission pan bolts and, if necessary, pry the back part of the pan down, and the fluid will escape. There is a tranny fluid plug on the side of the transmission. Replace the filter, replace the gasket, then fill the transmission. You want to do your final check with the car level. All of this info is in the owners manual. The Ford owners manual is available on

Ford Service Manuals - 2011

3. Bucko

Bucko Member

That will only net you about 4 or 5 quarts of the total fluid. The only way to get it all is with a Flush. Ford charges in the neighborhood of $170.00 to do a flush, and that does not includ a filter change! I had mine done at 31K, and plan to have it done at around 30K here after, but always with a pan drop and filter change. AAMCO did mine.