Cig Lighter

MorganMcCann

The Cig lighter stopped working, I replaced both of them, and disconnected the one closest to the arm rest, and I still don't get enough voltage out of it. All of my fuses are good, what else should I check?

Also, sorry for making so many posts lately, It is just the weather isn't 100 degrees anymore, so I can actually work on the 'Stang outside now.

MMR

I like cars!
Are you sure that you have checked all the fuses (Both in the engine compartment and under the drivers side dash) ?

Ortiz

Sup
I think on the pre 99s, the cigarette lighter fuse is in the engine bay. Make sure you check every single one of them.

MMR

I like cars!
Have you measured the voltage output ? And what is it you are trying to charge ?

MorganMcCann

I replaced the connectors on the ends of the wires and it is now working. I let it sit for a while and it seems to have healed its self.

kobudo

I replaced the connectors on the ends of the wires and it is now working. I let it sit for a while and it seems to have healed its self.

Sounds like either the connector was your problem, or you've got some intermittent short somewhere.

MorganMcCann

I was wrong, unless my cell phone charger is bad. It lights up, says it is charging but it was plugged in for 30 minutes and didn't get 10% charged. Damn.

xtreme 2

Find the red wire coming off of your stereo. If you bridge in to that and go to your cig. lighter it will operate whenever you turn the key on. Won't even need a toggle.

Otherwise you can run a fused line from your battery to the cig lighter with a toggle in between. Then you can control when power is run to it.

MorganMcCann

Find the red wire coming off of your stereo. If you bridge in to that and go to your cig. lighter it will operate whenever you turn the key on. Won't even need a toggle.

Otherwise you can run a fused line from your battery to the cig lighter with a toggle in between. Then you can control when power is run to it.

I did the radio one, and it tripped the fuse every time I plugged something in.