Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Classic T5 in my 4.8

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Jonathan Wilkinson, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Jonathan Wilkinson

Jonathan Wilkinson New Member

I have a 2004 Mustang with a 4.8 V6 with a Thunderbird SC supercharger and cold air intake. Currently, the car has a 4R70W auto transmission but have an old 66 manual T5 laying around. I was wondering, will this bolt on to my Mustang? Since lots of people who want newer OD transmissions on their classic cars put the 4R70W behind their 289 because it bolts right on, it would make since that one of the old transmissions may bolt on to my engine. Can anyone help me with this.

2. James Carr

James Carr sleep-er noun = fusing speed with secrecy

I will be interested to see if anyone has ever done this swap hey just wondering if your car has pics online I would love to see your 04 with a late model SC supercharger on it

3. Sam36

Sam36 Active Member

Maybe but not worth the trouble. I paid $600 total to get a used t5 from a 2000 v6 (with fly wheel and clutch pedals) shipped to me. You can't really beat that, and plus you'll have a working speedometer/