Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Clutch set

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Gutierrez, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Gutierrez

Gutierrez Camaro Hater

Looking for recommendations on a good clutch set. Not wanting to spend alot of money. Looking for a dependable set. I installed this one about 7 years ago and it is already wornout. I know Ram makes good ones but are costly. Any good ones at NAPA or O’reilly’s?? Thanks guys

2. Gutierrez

Gutierrez Camaro Hater

Oh the car is a 98

3. Sam36

Sam36 Active Member

I guess it depends on what you want. I had a ram powergrip but it was heavy and either "on" or "off", very hard to slid it and prone to chatter. I replaced it with a valeo and as my post here shows: How Should T5 'Feel'? it was defective and I had to change it again and I went with one from Sachs (which is the most expensive of the OEM replacements). Its alright, other than the pedal height being quite high. Done a few burns outs starting in second gear (on wet street) and it seems to be holding up well over the years