Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Cold air intake

Discussion in '2011-2014 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Dawn Spielberg, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Dawn Spielberg

Dawn Spielberg New Member

Any recommendations on a cold air intake, for a stock 2014 convertible mustang V6? with out needing a tune. shorty headers might come later.

2. DocBoyales

DocBoyales New Member

I'd say go with all the same brand to get the most possible gains. Since the BBK headers are the most common and you said you will get headers later I'd use BBK Cai. American muscle has their Cai labeled as to whether a tune is required for that specific part or not. Honestly I'd start with getting a tuner from American muscle simply for the free tunes for life. That way every time you add something else you can get a tune revision to get you the most possible gains from that specific add on. I however went with what got me the most bang for the buck and parts that complimented or helped all the other parts. What I did was get it all at once and put it all in at the same time. I went with many different companies, brands etc getting the cheapest price for each part, but still being the same part American muscle sells. My add-ons are these: SCT X4 tuner, BBK larger throttle body, Roush Cai, Accel ignition coils, the most expensive plugs I could find, a cooler thermostat, an extra cooling fan. Those are the only engine upgrades I've done and did all the work myself, spent less than 2000 and gained about 60hp.

3. zacharyevans43

zacharyevans43 New Member

U can install a roush cold air intake u don't need a tune

4. DocBoyales

DocBoyales New Member

You can install it without a tune yes, but there's also American muscle website that specifies what items do or do not need a tune. Just look at their website, they have lots of info on most of their stock. Pick any that you want as long as it specifically states " no tune needed "

5. David Young

David Young 5th Mustang

C&L makes a nice 'no tune' cai. I've been using mine for 7 1/2 years. I bought a new filter for it last year but the old one was still in pretty good shape :)