Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Come out and play with SCCA-SCR AutoX

Discussion in 'Racing Forum' started by Phil II, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Phil II

Phil II Cone Destroyer Staff Member

SCCA-SCR is putting on an autox event at the Michelin Proving Grounds, near Laurens, SC. Details on FB, registration here. Come out and some fun! Don't have a membership? No problem, simply click the weekend membership at registration! Sunday, April 27th at 0730.
    [​IMG]

2. Phil II

Had a lot of fun this past weekend. Some 130 cars showed up. All makes and all kinds.

I'm classed in Street-Modified (SM), which put me in the fourth run-group. It was long day before I got to drive the course, and you can tell I'm not really on the ball in the video. Still learned a lot, and it was first autocross with the manual transmission.

Course Map;
    [​IMG]
    Each square is about 25xx25 feet. It was a big course, and looked like a power oriented setup. That was misleading, as changes in direction needed to be made while carrying speed. Heavy cars don't do this very well. I spun really good on the return leg. The start is the upper left hand corner, the finish is below it.

My Only Recorded Run: (I borrowed the go-pro, and pretty much failed at using it right.)

My room-mate, 6th run in Miata:

Friend's super awesome Subaru STI- Pro class Sreet Mod:

The subaru driver, Tim, is a really cool guy and very fast driver in anything. He rode with me several times to give some instruction. My big takes aways are:
    1) don't get exhausted before driving
    2) brake more, sooner
    3) use more gas, sooner, floor it when I can

In all I had a good time. Need more seat time.

3. Phil II

Photo of me on track, courtesy of a friend.

[​IMG]

getsidewayzdrift likes this.
  4. getsidewayzdrift

getsidewayzdrift one- wheel peelin!

hell yeah man sweet, I'd love to find some autox events around central Florida once I get my ride back in stable order lol. Your car is super clean and looks good on the track and I def agree our cars don't handle sudden direction changes at high speed very well lol

and that sti is beastly

5. Phil II

Thanks. Either the SCCA or NASA should have something for you when you're ready to get out there. You don't have to be modded to the max either.

getsidewayzdrift likes this.