Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Computer Replacement

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by Barelybob, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Barelybob

Barelybob New Member

1995 V6 computer replacement. I would like the correct procedure for this.

2. Barelybob

Barelybob New Member

I just realized why I haven't received any answers. Looking at the posts on this site, I noticed that no one knows any thing about making a performance car, let alone a Mustang. You detail all cars in the same way. Why would you post a picture of your pride and joy that looks like you just got back from the local mud pit?

I asked about the computer because I need to replace mine. This is because I have never done one of these, and want to make sure I don't screw up. As a long time hotrodder I have learned not just to jump into anything. When you stop concerning yourselves with how to dye your interior {which is why I dumped Mustang Magazine years ago}. I might come back. Meanwhile I shall try to locate a forum where they discuss real tech issues. like performance. maybe???

3. 6 Shooter

6 Shooter Well-Known Member

The best suggestion for switching out the PCM is to first pull yours and identify the 4-digit code. Go on Ebay and find an exact match, same 4 digit code. Then, plug it in to the 104 pin harness. BTW, the PCM is located on the passenger side above and to the right of where the passengers feet would be located.

And just why are you switching out your PCM? They do sometimes fail in part somewhere and partially loose their mind, so to speak. PCMs are set to your specific model. Using another PCM will likely cause you to have too many problems with the tune mismatched to your installed sensors.

4. fasterthanyou

fasterthanyou Active Member

Barelybob, just wanted to say that you won't be missed. Have fun replacing your computer which won't fix your issue.

As "a long time hot rodder" I would expect you to be more interested in carbed v8's than wasting time on a v6 that will barely beat a stock v8.