Welcome To V6Mustang.com!

We are the oldest and largest V6 Mustang forum on the internet. If you have any questions about your V6 Mustang or just want to connect with other V6 Mustang owners around the world, you have found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

coolant System refill - bleed valve

Discussion in '1994-2004 V6 Mustang Tech' started by slow6, Jun 14, 2007.

1. MustangMandy

MustangMandy New Member

and theeennnnnnn.....

Removed upper intake plenum with coil still attached (made sure to label plug wires). yay. now I have one single nut preventing removal. its the passenger side bracket. Its attached with about a 7mm nut but the stud/bolt is long as hell and I dint see how I would fit any tool in there anyway.

Almost there!

pic coming. ugh.
    [​IMG]

2. chaoticdismay

chaoticdismay the rippin and the tearin

Sorry about that, I guess I never replaced that stud when I took mine off... Looks like a job for a 7mm wrench :thumbup:. Again, sorry that you had to take the upper plenum off, but I guess you would have needed to anyways.

3. MustangMandy

MustangMandy New Member

wow I'm a dumbass and had to come online to think about a box wrench haha. thanks tho. I was surprised at how easily the plenum came off. 12 bolts on top plus throttle cable and like 3-4 misc bolts.

4. chaoticdismay

Hopefully you have an inlb torque wrench, the 99 intake needs to be torqued in a certain sequence (basically, starting inwards and moving outwards) and torqued in 3 stages: 53inlb, 71inlb & 90* turn.

edit: here's the link to a page with the torque sequence and specs, if you don't have them already http://miracerros.com/mustang/spacer.htm.

5. MustangMandy

MustangMandy New Member

VICTORY IS MINE! 5/16 box wrench wins the battle. Theres no way I coulda reached that with the plenum still attached. should be an easy rebuild tho. GREATLY appreciate your help Dismay

6. chaoticdismay

No problem, that's what we're here for.

7. MustangMandy

MustangMandy New Member

did not know about the torque specs of the intake manifold. much appreciated. I thought it was SLIGHTLY less necessary since its not a compression unit, but a vacuum unit. obviously a vac leak would suck (fun pun) but I'm still learning. I've previously only worked on imports. I own an older turbo Supra and a VTEC Prelude. both very fun cars.